Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC are yet to concede a goal in a Premier League game in which Vincent Kompany has played since May 2015 (7 matches). Wall

Strange that it appears 'most' people on here would have picked Mangala and Kompany then.
That threw me for a loop. Didn't get why most wanted him dropped. But my instinct is that most believe Komps should start based him being captain and his history of being a great player here, and just stellar start to vthe season. And in judging who should partner him, they looked to aesthetics rather than statistics. Eli is left footed, which gives the appearance of functional symmetry. Also there is the 'they didn't concede' stat, that played a significant role in the thought process of most.

They didn't concede, is one of those stats I call the diffused stat. Cause the reason why we didn't concede is partly due to what everyone on the field did, not just the CBs. For example, Bayern has conceded les than we have, yet I doubt we'd swap our CBs for theirs. As their defense relies heavily on debilitating possession, which is mostly carried out by their midfielders.

Thus, similarly our defense sometimes not conceding has lots more to do with David Silva and Yaya Toure protecting the defense by possessing the ball so much, the opposition doesn't get a sniff, than it does anything the CBs did. So when judging who is performing better, I am much more moved by players individual stats over the group stats that often erroneously gets ascribed to one group. Knowing this:
In terms of who's been most productive, OtaMendi prior to yesterday pretty much dwarfed all the others statistically. If you compute by minutes played, he dwarfs the others in tackles made, headers won clearances, interceptions, pass completed, shot blocked, crosses blocked. Etc.

Even more impressive is that he leads in overall totals in a few these categories in spite of having played fewer minutes than Komp and Eli.

Love Vincent feels like one us, lots of our players say stuff on twitter like yaya but with Vinnie he's an adopted manc what he says u know he means it. He's embraced the culture the passion for mcfc. I hope forever part of our club. Love you Vincent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.