Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy that gifs have come in to this thread, gives me a gentle warm memory of the KDB thread back in the summer <3
That thread (if it isn't already) should be in the classic forum. There was one saturday night (I think) which was brilliant on here. A bit different to last saturday!

Unbelievable some of the posts in this thread. Out with Vinny and Silva. In with Isco as a replacement for merlin. FFS get back to the Xbox or PS4. Shit like such is simply embarrassing

That thread (if it isn't already) should be in the classic forum. There was one saturday night (I think) which was brilliant on here. A bit different to last saturday!
No one could keep up, it was about 10 posts a minute and I remember being in tears laughing about five times. What a life we lead

Irreplaceable, just has so many niggling injuries, commands the back line and team when he's there, when he's not, the whole team falls apart. This seaaon there's 25 premier league games left, at least 9 UCL games left, (if we ever won the damn thing) 4 league cup games, same as before and 7 FA cup games. So 45+ games left possibly left to play.

I can't see him playing all those, maybe 15-20 of them, especially when theres international games in between them and you know he'll play for Belgium this year with the Euro's coming up.

For me he's almost finished as a player for us. How many hamstring/calf injuries is it now?

A silly statement to make in the short term but we need to look for a replacement in the long term. Hopefully he'll stay and take up a role in the management team.

Irreplaceable, just has so many niggling injuries, commands the back line and team when he's there, when he's not, the whole team falls apart. This seaaon there's 25 premier league games left, at least 9 UCL games left, (if we ever won the damn thing) 4 league cup games, same as before and 7 FA cup games. So 45+ games left possibly left to play.

I can't see him playing all those, maybe 15-20 of them, especially when theres international games in between them and you know he'll play for Belgium this year with the Euro's coming up.

For me he's almost finished as a player for us. How many hamstring/calf injuries is it now?

A silly statement to make in the short term but we need to look for a replacement in the long term. Hopefully he'll stay and take up a role in the management team.
Otamendi made a great start at City.

Kompany can come good again. Key player as we all know

If we were to lose 3 players, the very worst losses would be Kompany, Silva and Aguero and we've lost all 3 at the same time

One thing about Fergie is he also knew when to sell and as much as I hate to say it Vinny is looking more and more like he needs to go.
Even more so with his recent arguments about the international - only then to get injured with them next time out.
He thinks he's irreplaceable.

Yaya, kompany, Demi, Bony, potentially Silva all need to go.
Isco, stones, pogba, & cavani in.

h2fc510e5.gif

I'm glad the club aren't likely to be thinking along the same lines as a couple of posters on this thread. Head scratching doesn't come close. Talk of no room for sentiment is hilarious. It's fuck all to do with sentiment wanting to keep Kompany and Silva, it's the fact that they are the best in their respective positions in the country and arguably Europe. You don't cut your losses with this type of player, you manage them better and utilise them to your advantage.
I appreciate that some are running out of patience with every dropped point, but unless their lists of replacements contain better players (which as it stands I'm yet to see) I fail to see a good reason for wanting rid.
The problem is that the the injury record of these two great players appears to be getting worse. Kompany while his number of games per season is not as bad as soon seem to think, has fallen for each of the last five seasons and looks like it may continue in this manner this season. Silva appears to have a bad ankle which may be getting worse. It has been suggested that he needs an operation which would involve a long spell out and may not be a success. So while ideally we would love to keep these players they may be on the verge of becoming liabilities. Silva is one of the best footballers I have ever seen playing the game so I would hate to see him go but he is not getting any younger. I think we need to reflect on this and make strategic decisions at the end of the season. In the meantime I will be praying that they both regain fitness and are able to play every week until May. Keep the faith!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.