Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are saying you haven't seen Kompany in terrible positions or making brain fart mistakes, then I have a bridge to sell you.

I know its always hard to accept these things. Ota is not as good as the best Kompany we've seen. I.e when Komp was a top 3 CB 3 to 4 years or so ago. But he is way better than the current Kompany. It's not even that close. Mustates and all, Otamendi pops off the screen when you watch him. Komps is a competent CD next to him.

Kompany-Silva-infographic-compressor.jpg

Yeah he's so average....

If we are gonna have an argument, let's have it on facta and not yours assumptions of what you think i said.

Never called Komps average. Yes he is competent. But Otamendi is better. Of that I have no doubts.

Besides, lots of your stats are team stats. They tell us little about who is better BTW 2 players. Rather you should focus on what they've both done individually.

It's not comparable.

Ota wins more headers, makes more tackles, intercepts more balls, starts more attacks, has a higher completion rate, gets on the end of more scoring headed chances. The only stat Komps is superior in, is goals scored. It's really not that close.

I understand the love of Komps, and what he has achieved here. But in terms of who is better this season. It's not really that close. Otamendi has been the better player.

I understand the love of Komps, and what he has achieved here. But in terms of who is better this season. It's not really that close. Otamendi has been the better player.
He's been better this season? Are you drunk? You could quite easily have compared the two from last year and had a valid point. It's not even close this year. Kompany has been exceptional in every game he's featured whilst Ottomendi has been good, average and on occasion awful.

Your stats are not worth the paper or screen their printed on, mate. You might want to watch the games close up then you'd understand that tackles, headers etc mean diddly squat. Just having Kompany on the pitch improves the back four by 50% ( I might have pulled that figure from my arese to be fair, but the point remains) and the difference is noticable throughout the team.

If you want to believe that then by all means. I think Otamendi is a very good player and I hold out hope Kompany will get fit and we can have the two play together for the rest of the season and we stop shipping stupid goals.

But the only thing I need is my eyes and you can put Kompany next to Mangala, Otamendi or Demi and our defence will be solid. You take Kompany out of that and we suddenly start shipping silly goals and look like conceding every attack the opposition has. That tells me all I need to about whose better.

He's been better this season? Are you drunk? You could quite easily have compared the two from last year and had a valid point. It's not even close this year. Kompany has been exceptional in every game he's featured whilst Ottomendi has been good, average and on occasion awful.
Again, like I said when one views them with the lense of the names on their backs, I can see how you can reach such an erroneous conclusion.

But the facts simply doesn't bare out those claims.

Komps averages less than 1 tackle a game, thats less than the often pilloried Yaya, less than the silky Silva, less than Sterling and DeBryune. Compared to Otamendi who averages 3.3 a game, second only to Dihno at 3.4. Ota leads the team at interceptions tooo. Averaging 2.7, Komps comes in at a competent 1.5 a game.
If you are doing the math, that puts Ota at 6 dispossessions of the opposition per game, compared to Komps at 2.5. Like I said, they are not really that close. Outside of reputation, if you took Ota's numbers and matched it to Komps, and removed their names. No reasonable person will pick Komps as the better player.

And it's not as if Komps is fantastically better in other areas. He isn't. Ota starts more attacking plays, completes a higher number of his passes. Wins mmore dwfensive headers, and more attacking ones too.

Here are the areas Komps is better. More goals, 2-1 and Komps fouls less: 0.9 for Komps and 1 a game for Otamendi.

So when I say Ota is better. I'm not just guessing. The games show it, and the production backs it up.

Again, like I said when one views them with the lense of the names on their backs, I can see how you can reach such an erroneous conclusion.

Komps averages less than 1 tackle a game, thats less than the often pilloried Yaya, less than the silky Silva, less than Sterling and DeBryune. Compared to Otamendi who averages 3.3 a game, second only to Dihno at 3.4. Ota leads the team at interceptions tooo. Averaging 2.7, Komps comes in at a competent 1.5 a game.
If you are doing the math, that puts Ota at 6 dispossessions of the opposition per game, compared to Komps at 2.5. Like I said, they are not really that close. Outside of reputation, if you took Ota's numbers and matched it to Komps, and removed their names. No reasonable person will pick Komps as the better player.

And it's not as if Komps is fantastically better in other areas. He isn't. Ota starts more attacking plays, completes a higher number of his passes. Wins mmore dwfensive headers, and more attacking ones too.

Here are the areas Komps is better. More goals, 2-1 and Komps fouls less: 0.9 for Komps and 1 a game for Otamendi.

So when I say Ota is better. I'm not just guessing. The games show it, and the production backs it up.

You're a fool.

Don't tell me for one moment Kompany would have let himself be bullied like otto was on Wednesday night. Not likely. Ottamendi is a perfectly good player but to compare him to kompany is just insane. Too small for a start to ever be a dominant central defender.Reminds me of Steve redmond physically.

You carry on watching it on your stream and then going on websites to pluck your stats and I'll carry on watching the games live, in person and see exactly what goes on on the pitch.
There's more to marshalling and organising a defence that the guff you come out with.

Do you know why Kompany only averages one tackle a game? It's because he's in charge of a solid defence who don't come under half the pressure as they do when he's out. Same with headers, same with possesion. In fact any stat you use is pretty much a waste of time because the other defenders are obviously gonna get through more work when Kompany is out.

I think the most important stat, which you've left out for some reason, is with Kompany involved in the league we've conceded one goal - a fuck up from Hart as well. You're so far wrong on this its fucking insane I'm bothering to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.