Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone deserves time. He's not really played that much in the grand scheme of things.
Find all this judging of players as fucking shit, because we lost a little harsh.

This exactly, he's played just 614 minutes for the club to date, that's under 7 full games to put it another way. If people are ready to write someone off based on such little time then more fool them.

Fuck me, it's like Mancini vs Pellegrini all over again. Edin has gone, get over it, move on and get behind Bony.

I am not slagging Bony by what I stated but the excuse given for Bony's non performance off the bench is all the things Dzeko had to deal with but he was villified by a majority of posters on here, at least he came off the bench and scored, this is all I was meaning, certainly not an Edin fan boy either btw, just an observation to some of the comments I quoted.

Nothing to do with Pellers or Mancini either but now that you mention it...

Told ya so. Was not excited one bit when I saw him coming on. Still trying to figure out how he improved our attack when he came on.

Creativity and movement seriously lacking. We got robbed.......

Okay so creativity wise he made more chances than Nasri, Aguero and Fernandinho...So given his lack of minutes it's not bad.

And his movement isn't a bad as people on here are making out...He stays central and always gives teammates an option when coming down the middle...Yes he doesn't run the channels or sprint everywhere, but given that he's probably the strongest player(at least striker) in the league then his bulk etc is going to have an effect on how much stamina he has.

Let's highlight his strengths

- His strength
- He gets dispossessed 3 times less often than Aguero and has bad control 4 times less often...In fact he gets dispossessed or has a poor touch the least out of all our forward/midfield players
- Aerial ability
- His layoffs often lead to shots on goal
- his passing is crisp and accurate

Just needs to start scoring, which will come with more consistent minutes on the pitch.

Okay so creativity wise he made more chances than Nasri, Aguero and Fernandinho...So given his lack of minutes it's not bad.

And his movement isn't a bad as people on here are making out...He stays central and always gives teammates an option when coming down the middle...Yes he doesn't run the channels or sprint everywhere, but given that he's probably the strongest player(at least striker) in the league then his bulk etc is going to have an effect on how much stamina he has.

- His strength
- He gets dispossessed 3 times less often than Aguero and has bad control 4 times less often...In fact he gets dispossessed or has a poor touch the least out of all our forward/midfield players
- Aerial ability

Just needs to start scoring, which will come with more consistent minutes on the pitch.

Seen nothing to suggest he is going to score on a regular basis, time to deliver, he is a 30 million pound striker, on a huge salary, he has done next to nothing up to yet, very disappointing

Didn't think he was right for us before the deal was done. My opinion of him keeps going lower with every game he plays. Slow, clueless, doesn't position himself right, no defensive duties, doesn't score or seem to hassle defenders. Really, it always feels like he's not playing when he's on. His style doesn't suit us at all.

needs to start versus sunderland and hopefully get the goals to get his confidence

- His strength
- Aerial ability

Strengths, you're describing a holding midfielder. Strikers score and are hungry for goals. He looks so pedestrian and ineffective in front goal. I'll never forget his ball scuff against Uve, should've won us the game. Useless.

At Swansea he was getting the ball in front of him with space here at city he get no space and his backs to goal 99% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.