Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If and I mean IF, Yaya did have a go at Pellegrini as he left the pitch then he's an even bigger prick than I thought he was and Pellegrini should drop him for the next few games.

Don't know about that mate. There is a moron on the Kolarov thread saying he is our best left back ever!!!!!!
Kolarov is a liability defensively. Priority in next 2 windows has to be left and right full backs. YaYa is a legend but he also hampers us in the holding midfield role. Whoever partners him is often left exposed because of his lack of discipline and/stamina to track back. He has to play in front of the 2 Ferns against the better teams. I do love him and what he's done for us but I'm increasingly irritated by his behaviour. His messages to the media are infuriating and disrespectful towards the club. His treatment of Pelle in response to being subbed was a disgrace. He should have saved his frustration for the dressing room, not embarrass his manager.

If we start this fella against Sevilla lets hope that if he starts he's in the hole with the Ferns behind him.
Good in possession but not even really trying to win the ball back or quickly get behind the ball.
He really is losing it defensively. One game a week tops when starting from now on in.

If and I mean IF, Yaya did have a go at Pellegrini as he left the pitch then he's an even bigger prick than I thought he was and Pellegrini should drop him for the next few games.
It seemed he was moaning about Bony not passing to him to me.

Shocker; seriously!

Over 100 touches on the ball. 7 ball recoveries. 90% pass completion and most of his incomplete passes were difficult ones to execute, being passes over the top into the box. 5 shots with 2 on target and 2 blocked and his on target were a well executed free kick from outside the box and a cool as you like match winning penalty.

Not his best game but far from a shocker.

Are you perhaps trying too hard to be right about saying we should have sold him?
I thought he had a good game too. Was even getting slide tackles in first half and winning back possession.

I thought he slowed up play yesterday, it was like play to yaya as much as possible, when we are playing against a team who parks the bus we need to pass forward and fast to try to get throu, but we just try to pass across the halfway line to yaya and then pass again to him when we should try to push forward

I thought he slowed up play yesterday, it was like play to yaya as much as possible, when we are playing against a team who parks the bus we need to pass forward and fast to try to get throu, but we just try to pass across the halfway line to yaya and then pass again to him when we should try to push forward

Pass forward quickly against a team camped on their 18 yard box with ten behind the ball isn't going to happen they were trying to draw them out then you pass it forward

For the last few years we've been searching for cover for yaya. I think the time has come to seek a replacement and for yaya to be an occasional starter or super sub. Great player withvlots still to offer, but too old to be giving 100% twice a week all season. I know it means a lot to him, but he should have retired from international football three years ago to prolong his career at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.