Players made scapegoats and unfairly treated by fans

I loved Bellamy, apart from being a cracking player, he was one of those that had a go at players who weren't at least working hard and pulling their weight, he had that heart and desire every game, you never had to give him a pep talk.

People saw him as a moaner, the things I saw him moan about I always felt there was at least some justification, so probably more the way he expressed things were the issue, personally I'd have loved him as a manager and would have taken any of the strops.
Like many, i wasn't that keen on Craig Bellamy prior to him signing for us, just saw him as a bit of' a gormless thug'
'in truth.
As others have said Bellamy was a very decent player and always gave 100%. When he signed there were a few others who could 'mix it' a bit, Zaba, Komps, Nigel.
Not only would he not take any shit from other players , I remember Bellamy also having a go at some Rag who got on the pitch at The Swamp in one derby match
Even though he doesn't hide the fact he is a Liverpool fan In his autobiography, from memory he speaks highly of City fans and the club.
Both in his book and when on TV he seems to come accross as pretty articulate and very fair minded (and certainly not a gormless thug!)

You're looking at this with incredibly blue tinted specs.

Forget City. He was terrible at Torino, West Ham and Burnley, and he's been poor in the Europa League for Spurs.

He's not good enough to play in the Premier League or he would be.
If I was a teacher and you my pupil then I'd Mark you a C.
The exam question was about unfairly treated at City, not about failures elsewhere.
For next week's question I hope you can stick to the subject of "who is the biggest bastard of them all?" a) Roy Keane b) the arsehole who wrecked Alfie Haaland's knee and career c) the irritating wanker who walked out of the ROI camp half way through a WC d) Ryan Give the family man

You must sit near us! Heard similar on many occasions!

Best was after he'd spent 80 odd minutes of controlling a very close game with us leading by one goal, when Yaya (and I'm talking peak Yaya here, when he was arguably the best midfielder on the planet.. ) broke up an opposition attack on the edge of our box, went on a lung busting run to the other end, with trailing opponents bouncing off him, to get a shot that narrowly missed..

As he lay on the ground exhausted from his efforts, some overweight know-nowt who'd been stuffing his face all game near us stood up, as he often did, raging at him 'Get up Yaya you lazy f**ker!'

And when someone from his group of pals nearby pointed out Yaya's value to us, still he continued, claiming 'He's always been a lazy f**ker!'

Priceless! Never, ever boo a Blue..
One numpty near me, pie in one hand, chips in the other yelling 'I wouldn't pay yer in effing buttons Toure!!'. Some stupid and ignorant 'fans' amongst us.

Many over many years... Ian Bowyer took so much flak it was unbelievable, and how Richard Edghill didn't just walk off the pitch when he was being abused in some games, I'll never know. The worst in recent years in my opinion was the abuse dished out to Aleks Kolarov.

At the end of the day, we have to accept that we have all had a moan or three about certain players over the years, it happens at every club. All it goes to show is that probably 99.99% of us fail to think before we speak/shout when we're caught up in the passion of the game.
I watch a lot of old City games on Youtube, especially the ones from around 69-70 (we weren't on tv that much in 67-68) and always noticed that Bowyer, who scored a decent number of goals in these games, rarely seemed to get a lot of congratulations when he scored from the rest of the team who seemed keener to go the person who provided the assist (normally Bell, Lee or Summerbee) rather than the young lad who'd done the hardest part and put the ball in the net. Think he lost his way at City and went to Orient before Cloughie signed him for Forest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.