Players meeting

vbr said:
pmsl yeah everyone raised their games........oh wait we got beat by west brom.
nono you didn't read the OS "a superb run and cross from the tireless Vassell just eluded Stephen Ireland as he steamed into the box." see all is well. For those of you that didn't see the match if I could make my own comment on that move. Vassell, who had been largely ineffective throughout the game got the ball and instead of using the time and space to cut into the box over hit the oncoming Ireland by 10 yards. Now I happen to not hate Vassell and I don't want to pick on him he didn't play well today, but he was one of 8 that didn't play well, but what upsets me some people are taken in by the crap that the club is feeding us right now

here's the article

MARK HUGHES is facing a players’ rebellion as Manchester City’s season slumps towards crisis.

And Robinho has been singled out as the main reason for his team-mates’ anger.

Several City players held an unofficial meeting this week to discuss their growing resentment towards both Hughes and the Brazilian.

They are upset at some of City’s tactics and feel there is one rule for the £34million superstar and another for the rest.

And some of the older players feel they are being sidelined by Hughes.

They believe he wants to surround himself with younger players who will not question his methods or raise questions about tactics, formations and training methods.

One source close to several City stars said: “The players are furious Robinho swans around doing basically what he wants — and the boss lets him get away with it.

“He thinks he’s untouchable and Hughes hasn’t done anything to show that he’s not. Many of the players think he doesn’t dig in for the team, that he’s injured too often and is picking and choosing his games.”

According to some City insiders, Hughes knows Robinho seems to have a hot-line to the club’s Arab owners which is why the boss treads carefully around the Brazilian. Our source added: “Hughes is a great one for squad unity but he’s making Robinho a special case.”

who are the "older players" ?

Hamann because he's not playing ? Maybe Ball ? Vassell ?

all three are hardly key players to City's future. I'd be more worried if it was Ireland, SWP, Kompany, Richards

who else could be described as older ? Dunne ?

Robinho is close to Elano, if Elano is unhappy at being left out that's bound to affect how Robinho thinks of hughes

Irlamblue said:
May have been covered before.....

I have heard there was a players meeting and the brazilians werent invited.

the brazilians apparently are not backing hughes but most of the players are

the camp is split...

still . it didnt help today..

roll on boxing day..........three points coming up.

keep the faith

That's a load of bollocks mate. If it isn't then he needs to be sacked NOW. But I don't believe any of that for one minute.

The point about being injured is interesting, seeing as he has one injury that was one, he picked up in game for everyone to see and before today it kept him out of 2 games, since he arrived(not counting Brighton)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.