Players Spend TIME in Abu Dhabi

absolutely mint watch. looks like it controls time rather than just tells it. actually, I could barely make the hands out, but I suppose that's not the point, if you're rich enough to have one of these, you can afford to hire someone to follow you around and tell you what time it is.

Thad Williamson said:
Would be nice if some or all the players might be persuaded to put up these gifts for charity when they get back.

yeah that would please the owners, "thanks for the watch but i'm going to give it away to the salvation army. there is a homeless guy that could do with it, he's always late for his soup"

1894 said:
I looked at the Franck Muller website - there's some impressive watch collections. Some watches with the hours deliberately out-of-sequence...guess a player would always have an excuse for being late for training.

Mmm wonder if JT got 1 when he was there with Mark could be the reason for the delayed announcement.

Uwe Rösler said:
Thad Williamson said:
Would be nice if some or all the players might be persuaded to put up these gifts for charity when they get back.

yeah that would please the owners, "thanks for the watch but i'm going to give it away to the salvation army. there is a homeless guy that could do with it, he's always late for his soup"

Quality!

citijen said:
1894 said:
I looked at the Franck Muller website - there's some impressive watch collections. Some watches with the hours deliberately out-of-sequence...guess a player would always have an excuse for being late for training.

Mmm wonder if JT got 1 when he was there with Mark could be the reason for the delayed announcement.

haha

NathanC said:
Uwe Rösler said:
Thad Williamson said:

Quality!

Well, maybe it would please the owners to find out their players are capable of thinking of other people and showing the same generosity that the owners have shown to them. And to be as explicit as possible, the idea is to sell or auction off the watches to raise money, not give them away to random people. What is the entire budget of City in the Community in a year? I don't know but I imagine proceeds from about ten watches worth would be a substantial boost to it.

Thad Williamson said:
NathanC said:
Uwe Rösler said:
Thad Williamson said:

Quality!

Well, maybe it would please the owners to find out their players are capable of thinking of other people and showing the same generosity that the owners have shown to them. And to be as explicit as possible, the idea is to sell or auction off the watches to raise money, not give them away to random people. What is the entire budget of City in the Community in a year? I don't know but I imagine proceeds from about ten watches worth would be a substantial boost to it.
It's a nice idea in theory, but the idea of a charity auction is to raise more money than an item is worth (i.e. £250 for a shirt that costs £50). There is no way these watches would go for more than they are worth; there just aren't enough people with a spare £200k lying around to spend on a watch.

It would have been better for this £168k per player to have gone straight to charity instead. It really is a bit obscene to be lavishing gifts like this on people who earn that much per week already. But obscene is what they do best over here.

Fucking hell.

Wait till they've won something before you start buying them gifts!

Also those watches a hideous. Tasteless, tacky and far too blingy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.