Players that no City fan could hate!

ken barnes, roy paul, dave ewing, dave conner, johney crosson,david white,
and the list goes on if he wore a blue shirt he was as good as it gets

sbm said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
sbm said:
Peter was one of the most gifted City players I have seen in 60 years. He was rightly voted Young Player of the Year at the age of 18 by the PFA. I watched lots of home games where we were drawing at half-time, with Peter having seen very little of the ball. After the break, presumably acting on instructions, Dave Watson would bring Peter into the game at every opportunity and that transformed the game. Unfortunately Peter played in an era when there was an obsession with wingers tracking back and tackling. His sale by Malcolm Allison in 1979 was borderline criminal.

I assume you haven't seen my subsequent comments re: Peter Barnes.
If you mean your later post - "by virtue of who he played for before he came back to us. I too have fond memories of him" - I had noticed that. However, I just thought that quoting that post instead would complicate matters.

My own post was not meant as a challenge to your point that there might not be universal agreement; I did not actually interpret the latter as suggesting that you had a negative view of Peter yourself (even before I read the "fond memories" bit). I simply saw your (first) post as an opportunity to express my own views about Peter.

Fair play.

And well put.

Colin_Bell said:
Paul Cooper
Gary Fleming
Andy Hinchcliffe
Brian Gayle
Steve Redmond
Ian Bishop
Ian Brightwell
David White
Trevor Morley
David Oldfield
Paul Lake

Gary Megson
Jason Beckford

5-1

Colin_Bell said:
Paul Cooper
Gary Fleming
Andy Hinchcliffe
Brian Gayle
Steve Redmond
Ian Bishop
Ian Brightwell
David White
Trevor Morley
David Oldfield
Paul Lake

Gary Megson
Jason Beckford

haha. I remember the MUEN gave all the City players 10/10 the following Monday including Beckford for a ten minute shift where he must have kicked the ball twice.

Edit: Megson? Don't remember him being on the bench that day. Wasn't it still one sub at that point? Could be wrong.

Cooper
Flemming
Hinchcliffe
Gayle
Redmond
Lake
Bishop
White
Brightwell
Morley
Oldfield

Bckford<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 pm --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Colin_Bell said:
Paul Cooper
Gary Fleming
Andy Hinchcliffe
Brian Gayle
Steve Redmond
Ian Bishop
Ian Brightwell
David White
Trevor Morley
David Oldfield
Paul Lake

Gary Megson
Jason Beckford

Oops only read 1st few pages

haha. I remember the MUEN gave all the City players 10/10 the following Monday including Beckford for a ten minute shift where he must have kicked the ball twice.

Edit: Megson? Don't remember him being on the bench that day. Wasn't it still one sub at that point? Could be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.