Players we love

Bibinho

morning fellas..

Had a few convos over the years will a few mates about players we loved who of either left the club, retired etc...

and this got me thinking..

im 21 and my favourite player growing up was the goat... he was our main goalscorer for several years and who else to idolise than seeing him knick the ball of neville and slot that baby home... same with SWP first time round he could put a ball on a 5p peice... (shame he couldnt do it with his second stint in the club)..

The point im trying to make is if you could go back in time now, and the player you choose is now 18 (e.g Colin Bell in 2012 turns 18), and pick 1 player who you think you would have in the team now? dont take into account his age, talent, goal scoring record, just purly on your favourite player of all time for city.

who you you choose?

as youve guessed mine would be the goat every day of the week!

sorry if this is a terrible thread i just reached my 100th post and thought id mark it with a thread lol

Bibinho said:
morning fellas..

Had a few convos over the years will a few mates about players we loved who of either left the club, retired etc...

and this got me thinking..

im 21 and my favourite player growing up was the goat... he was our main goalscorer for several years and who else to idolise than seeing him knick the ball of neville and slot that baby home... same with SWP first time round he could put a ball on a 5p peice... (shame he couldnt do it with his second stint in the club)..

The point im trying to make is if you could go back in time now, and the player you choose is now 18 (e.g Colin Bell in 2012 turns 18), and pick 1 player who you think you would have in the team now? dont take into account his age, talent, goal scoring record, just purly on your favourite player of all time for city.

who you you choose?

as youve guessed mine would be the goat every day of the week!

sorry if this is a terrible thread i just reached my 100th post and thought id mark it with a thread lol

Congratulations on your 100th post. Remember that with power comes responsibility. I would have to say Paul Lake from when I was growing up. A great player and a blue through and through. We were all desperate for him to return to fitness.

Gio (from when I was very young) or Andy Morrison. Its crazy to think that despite all the world-class players we watch at City today, the likes of Andy Morrison and Shaun Goater will always be my boyhood heroes.
I went to Ken Barnes memorial do at Hyde United last year where Morrison, Goater, Dickov and even Uwe all played in a friendly. It was awesome

There is a few players I love, White was my first hero, Quinn after that, Garry FlipFlop was first name I ever had on back of a shirt, Walsh, Beagrie, Rosler and Gio. Not a lot then until the Goat, Berkovic, Ali B and most of the current team.

I've loved nearly everyone in the shirt at some point or another though, just some more than others! Gerry Creaney used to make my blood boil but as soon as that shirt was put on and pulled down just about over his belly I loved him too!

SWP has always been my favourite. Had him on my shirt every year when I was younger. Used to make my mates laugh as I'm 6ft 4 and white and Shaunie is the complete opposite!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.