Players who have ended a goal drought against City

I seem to recall Jamie Pollock hadn't scored for a while when he scored that 'classic' against us 'for' QPR.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAc8JooS3MY&feature=related[/youtube]

I do miss looking round and seeing everyone shaking their heads in disbelief on almost a weekly basis.

You could add to the title players who scored their first ever goal against us. There's been loads of them. Some right back who never got beyond the half way line normally or some midfielder who never scored. Was always against us!

I remember when Arsenal were redeveloping Highbury and had a big mural of fans painted on the boards at one end, they had never scored whilst that had been up, well that was until we appeared, and Arsenal banged one in early on.

Always regarded these kind of statistics as a certain kiss of death. Player X hasn't scored since he was four, this team hasn't won away for ten seasons, this player has never scored in his life, this sub has never kicked a ball in a PL game. Yer just knew they'd screw yer to the floor.

Players who only scored a goal a season always seemed save it for us!

Ljungberg scored against us in one of the last games of the season a few years back having not scored a league goal all season.

Also, Luke Moore, scored his first goal for West Brom in that December 2008 game, don't think he scored another goal that season. Somehow he's still playing in the Premiership for Swansea.

sergei rebrov couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo during his short & unsuccessful spell with spurs in the 90's but he scored a last minute winner at maine road. helder postiga also scored a rare goal for spurs against city.

david batty hardly scored at all during his career (i think only about 3 goals) but i seem to remember he scored two of them against city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.