Players who join United and become crap.

Tez Tosterone said:
Anderson - Big fail
Bebe - bigger fail.
Bebe didn't become crap, he was crap to start with. Anderson on the other hand was one of the best young attacking midfielders in world football and they absolutely destroyed him trying to make him into a box to box midfielder. Alan Smith also springs to mind for being completely destroyed by the rags, going from one of Englands best strikers to a lower league holding midfielder, all courtesy of the GPC

BigOscar said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Anderson - Big fail
Bebe - bigger fail.
Bebe didn't become crap, he was crap to start with. Anderson on the other hand was one of the best young attacking midfielders in world football and they absolutely destroyed him trying to make him into a box to box midfielder. Alan Smith also springs to mind for being completely destroyed by the rags, going from one of Englands best strikers to a lower league holding midfielder, all courtesy of the GPC

Agreed - reading some of these and thinking there needs to be subcateories

1/ good players who signed for rags then inexplicably became crap players - Veron
2/ good players who became crap then left and went on to do well - Birtles - straddles several categories though !!
3/ crap players inexplicably signed by the rags - eg Bebe

Shrek. Not crap yet, but given another season playing in the turtle 'system' and no more pay rises I'm confident he will turn into (expensive) shit. £300k a weeks worth of shit (every week come rain or shine) - just in case any of the lurking flids need reminding.

Tez Tosterone said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
Garry Birtles

Yep. I recall one wag at the time of his prolonged goal drought referring to him as the only centre forward who has failed to score during the reign of three popes. Which happened to be true.
IIRC, he was there when the Shah of Iran was deposed, and the American Embassy stormed. The staff were held for (?) 444 days before release, and the first thing they asked was "Has Gary Birtles scored for United yet?"

crazyg said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
Garry Birtles

Yep. I recall one wag at the time of his prolonged goal drought referring to him as the only centre forward who has failed to score during the reign of three popes. Which happened to be true.
IIRC, he was there when the Shah of Iran was deposed, and the American Embassy stormed. The staff were held for (?) 444 days before release, and the first thing they asked was "Has Gary Birtles scored for United yet?"

The old ones are the best. I still had a little giggle, especially as i remember how shit he went for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.