Players who might improve us

Next big thing out of Norway. Can play both sides, but primarily a LW. Very direct, good 1v1 and a very powerful shot. Would be a great Grealish backup when Foden moves more centrally or to the RW

Watched him over the weekend he was good, but not ready for the Prem, if we go for a left winger it will most likely be a striker/winger of good quality, with experience, as most of Pep`s buys have experience.

IF Philips moves.. doubtful though, I think there needs to be cover for Rodri.. even though Kalvin didnt really play, and I would bring in someone like Lucas Torro at Osasuna that Pep technically, technical ability wise, at least trusts, that its obvious he doesnt do with Philips.. just to have cover if Rodri gets a serious injury or gets totally grounded to the ground. Similarly to what Klopp did with Endo, someone who Pep knows pretty well and knows what he will get out of him. Preferably who can play 6 and 8, but mostly 6. Thiago on a loan lol.

If Rodri gets a real injury, knock on wood, its screwed.. unless Rico Lewis straight up steps in there then.

Edit: Cheap alternatives, just for pure DM backup if Rodri finally breaks etc.
This is not real suggestions really.. Im just throwing them out there. Went thru Transfermarkt etc,
Players I personally playing-wise like, that I have a hunch Pep knows..

Lucas Torro, Osasuna
Antonio Blanco, Alavés
Erick Pulgar, Flamengo
William Carvalho, Real Betis
Özcan, Dortmund
Amadou Haidara, Leipzig
Either playing in Spain/Latin Country, or has played against Pep/Pep has prepped for.

I think Pep needs confidence in the DM, "his" old position. It has totally failed in Kalvin obviously.

Last edited:
FE_IaAaXwAgS074

NAME: Pedro Goncalves
POSITION: CM, CAM. LF. RF
CLUB: Sporting CP
NATIONALITY: Portugal

STATS:
2019/2020: 5g 5a
2020/2021: 23g 3a
2021/2022: 15g 12a
2022/2023: 20g 14a

BACKGROUND: Pedro Goncalves better known as "Pote" began his youth career at SC Braga before going to Wolverhampton Wanderers. In the 2019/20 Portuguese club FC Famalicao who were recently described as the "Brighton" of Portugal due to their fantastic scouting network acquired Pedro Goncalves and he instantly made an impact at the club playing the center of the park. Due to his performances Sporting CP and Amorim took note of "Pote" and he was transferred to Sporting at the beginning of the 2020/2021 campaign. His task was to replace Bruno Fernandes who has just left for Manchester United in the previous transfer window. Amorim then began playing Goncalves as a wide forward in his preferred 5-2-3 formation and it was a adjustment which immediately bared fruit for both Goncalves and Sporting. That season he scored 23 goals and ended as the leagues top goal scoter as Sporting captured their first league title in 19 years. Despite Goncalves stating that CM/CAM is his preferred position the truth is he has always been more productive playing further up the pitch.

SCOUTING REPORT: Pedro Goncalves is a very calm and composed player on the ball who is technically gifted and composed with the football. Precision over power Is the best way to describe Pedro Goncalves's finishing ability with analysts and fans a like noting that he almost passes the ball into the back of the next and his shots are never hit with much power. He is a good playmaker and has good vision on the ball however he is not overly creative. He has a fantastic positional awareness which allows him to get into good positions to score and his dribbling ability allow him to penetrate the back line when need be. Additionally because of his ability on the ball he is able to break the press of the opposing team. Last season due to Sporting having no cover in midfield Pedro Goncalves returned to the center of the pitch and he had his most productive season in terms of goals and assists which included a incredible solo effort vs Arsenal. As you can see from the heat Mao below he tends to drift to the left side very often which allows him to cut in on his favored right foot.

1693256017444.png
TRANSFER VALUATION/RUMORS: Pedro Goncalves would cost anywhere between 45-55M. He has been linked to Manchester United and Tottenham in recent years.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Although playing in the center of the pitch Goncalves was given the freedom to roam into the box with late runs in order to overload the opposition defense. Despite his attacking threat he did help out defensively as well and he recored 4.7 ball recoveries per 90 minutes last season. With that being said Pedro Goncalves can be a very frustrating players at times.

With all of that being said Pedro Goncalves is also a frustrating player to watch. Many a times he seems to be having a quiet game before coming up with a moment go magic. He can often be inconsistent but his quality at the Portuguese level means he often gets the benefit of the doubt. The best way I can describe Pedro Goncalves is that I would not be shocked if he succeeded at a club like City but I also would not be shocked if he didn't.

VIDEOS/HIGHLIGHTS:

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.