Players who might improve us

Assuming phillips goes out on loan, hojbjerg on loan as a temporary replacement until we can sort it in thr summer? Pretty sure he was at bayern with Pep although not exactly a regular. A body has to be better than the inevitable nobody we are more than likely going to end up with.
That's what we currently have with Phillips - and that isn't a criticism of the player, just fact.
Using that argument you may as well sign a midfielder from Altrincham.
We don't/won't do business just for the sake of it

Real Madrid focusing on Alphonso Davies, unlikely to bring back Miguel Gutierrez. Should be all over him. Should be pretty straight forward dealing with Girona. Been crying out for a natural left back for years, and he’d be perfect for this system

That's what we currently have with Phillips - and that isn't a criticism of the player, just fact.
Using that argument you may as well sign a midfielder from Altrincham.
We don't/won't do business just for the sake of it
I agree it is. And that's been a huge problem for us. We will very shortly have the opportunity to make that situation better, obviously we'd love to find a quality option that can both cover rodri and play alongside him but its a very in demand position and there isnt much out there so if the best we can do in january is a short term temporary fix until thr summer then that is better than nothing. Rodri cannot last the season without an understudy.

I agree it is. And that's been a huge problem for us. We will very shortly have the opportunity to make that situation better, obviously we'd love to find a quality option that can both cover rodri and play alongside him but its a very in demand position and there isnt much out there so if the best we can do in january is a short term temporary fix until thr summer then that is better than nothing. Rodri cannot last the season without an understudy.
Yes it is a problem for us, and we have an opportunity - I still don't see us buying/loaning below the level we want
There's a reason Spuds want rid of Hojbjerg - which kinda suggests he wouldn't meet our standards (but like every transfer there's a gamble involved).
Looking at the business we're actively involved thus far for Jan I'd argue we're looking far longer term, expect more of the same imho

Yes it is a problem for us, and we have an opportunity - I still don't see us buying/loaning below the level we want
There's a reason Spuds want rid of Hojbjerg - which kinda suggests he wouldn't meet our standards (but like every transfer there's a gamble involved).
Looking at the business we're actively involved thus far for Jan I'd argue we're looking far longer term, expect more of the same imho
I don't think we will do any business this january. But I think we should and I think not doing any will ultimately cost us dearly. A short term fix doesn't need to be looked at in any depth, its a boost for half a season. the question is simply is having "x" player at an inconsequential cost better than having nothing and unless pep has the same trust issues with them as he does with phillips the answer will be yes.

As for spurs allowing him to leave, don't think that's really relevant, akanji couldn't get in the dortmund side and they wanted rid when we brought him in.

I don't think we will do any business this january. But I think we should and I think not doing any will ultimately cost us dearly. A short term fix doesn't need to be looked at in any depth, its a boost for half a season. the question is simply is having "x" player at an inconsequential cost better than having nothing and unless pep has the same trust issues with them as he does with phillips the answer will be yes.

As for spurs allowing him to leave, don't think that's really relevant, akanji couldn't get in the dortmund side and they wanted rid when we brought him in.
You have just shot your own idea down. Pep will have the same trust issues with any short term fix

Real Madrid focusing on Alphonso Davies, unlikely to bring back Miguel Gutierrez. Should be all over him. Should be pretty straight forward dealing with Girona. Been crying out for a natural left back for years, and he’d be perfect for this system
Mendy cursed the LB spot :(

LB - Gutierrez, Hato, Merlin
CB - Branthwaite, Diomande
RB - Fresneda, Martinez
DM - Zubimendi, Vermeeren, Caquaret, Neves
AM - Wirtz, Paqueta,
RW - Bakayoko, Williams, Kudus, Edwards

As for Spurs allowing him to leave, don't think that's really relevant, Akanji couldn't get in the Dortmund side and they wanted rid when we brought him in.
Akanji was in contract dispute with Dortmund & had a year left.

He wanted parity with other top earners, but Dortmund refused & told him he'd be dropped if he didn't sign.

He didn't sign so they dropped him & were forced to accept £15m for him, or lose him for nothing the following summer.

Apparently Manuel was already on our radar, so with Stones returning from injury, & Eric picking up an injury, we bought him as cover, & what a value for money buy he's been!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.