players who seem to have played forever thread

Can't believe he hasn't had a mention yet but the very first person that came to my mind:

Efe Sodje!

I remember watching him play for Macclesfield when we beat them 3-0 back in '98, one of my first ever games. He was about 26 then! He still plays for Bury now, he's 39 and incredibly he's just signed a 2-year contract extension.

I remember us chanting "He's got a tea-towel, on his head." He's always worn that kufi which is what made him stand out for me.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I remember us chanting "He's got a tea-towel, on his head."
That song reminded me of Jason Lee. He still plays upfront for Boston United and is joint manager there. No pineapple anymore though.

Matty said:
bluemanhatton said:
Darius Vassell - I thought it was world cup France 98 he played at but it was Korea 2002
Surely that means he hasn't been around as long as you thought then?!!

No it means it seems like he's been around forever. Which is the thread title. I dont think its a list of old players just ones that seem to have played forever and he seems to of played longer than he actually has.

Nobody mentioned Casillas yet? Been around for donkeys, and will be around for many many years to come yet.

Roberto Carlos.

Seems he's been round forever! Was on Fifa 12 playing as Anzhi Makhachkala & saw him was buzzing when I got a free kick, he's still amazing at set-pieces!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.