Playing against a City player?

I played 5 a side against a City legend on more than one occasion. He was a very competitive bastard and left a full impression of his shoe on my shin. Tbf, he apologised for his 'mistimed' tackle. Went by the name of Tueart.

I'd fancy my chances against Tony Book... if we played now

I've actually played against Jon Macken and David Cross

I'd fancy my chances against Tony Book... if we played now

I've actually played against Jon Macken and David Cross
David Cross!... Off topic but...always remember City winning at Norwich on first day of the season August 1982 on a glorious summers day (when our hopes were high )when Cross scored a typical centre forwards headed goal after brilliant, neat,1touch , build up play from City...We won 2-1 ..what a start to the season. .....

We were relegated in May.

I played against Alex Williams many moons ago. Used to play at Platt Lane before every home game and get complimentary tickets in the Gene Kelly Stand. Despite my tender years, I knew that he was a former City keeper, so scoring against him was like the greatest moment in life, ever.

I played against Kaz Deyna and Rodney Marsh. Have to admit, the Rodney Marsh thing was a checked box in life. I’ll never forget that.

Oh, and Steve Kinsey and Nicky Reid. Former, twat. Latter, nice lad & bit of a beast.

In my dreams? I think I’d like to have had a go against the likes of Dave Watson and Mike Doyle. You just have no idea what it’s like to play against real men, who know what they’re doing, until you do. They're two that would fulfill that itch.

Your Dad was right probably one of the slowest players I’ve ever seen at City.
The player who made me believe I might stand a chance at playing for City one day.

I wish I had a pound for every time I thought to myself "If he can play for City, why can't I" as I was tearing it up in the Gordon Sunday League 2nd Division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.