playing No10 no7 etc

mekonmcfc

when did all this bollocks start and saying CDM etc.

what happened to left wing, right wing etc

does my head in, must be the FIFA generation

CDM, DM etc is the championship/football manager generation mate.

as for number 10 and so forth, that's been around for years hasnt it? jonathan wilson has a lot to answer for tho lol

someone mentioned 'Pirlo-like quarterback position' the other day. i nearly threw my monitor out of the window.

Last edited:
CDM, DM etc is the championship/football manager generation mate.

as for number 10 and so forth, that's been around for years hasnt it? jonathan wilson has a lot to answer for the lol

someone mentioned 'Pirlo-like quarterback position' the other day. i nearly threw my monitor out of the window.
ha ha yes i saw that quote it was horrible !!

Centre Half is also used incorrectly as is fullback, and so was inside fowards for Colin Bell.

Half back are probably Fernadino, Yaya, Sagna and Kolorov these days, with Kompany and Mangala Full backs. If City did have a qaurter backs it would be the 3 behind the foward if anything.

Number 10 goes back to Italy when Platini was playing, then Maradona the "fantasisti" player.

Centre Half is also used incorrectly as is fullback, and so was inside fowards for Colin Bell.

Half back are probably Fernadino, Yaya, Sagna and Kolorov these days, with Kompany and Mangala Full backs. If City did have a qaurter backs it would be the 3 behind the foward if anything.

Number 10 goes back to Italy when Platini was playing, then Maradona the "fantasisti" player.
I've just had a chat with my brother about this. He says a half-back is someone who when his team have the ball is a central midfielder and without the ball becomes a part of what would then be a back five. I'm thinking along the lines of a Daley Blind or Fernando type character. It beggars belief.

It's a foreign thing

Have a look at the EDS numbers from Vieira, this is what he plays, that's why Angelino is normally number 5.

Always strikes me as funny when the "number 10" is wearing 32 on his back !!!

It smacks a bit of "rugger" too where positions are defined by numbers so the " Bath number 10 " will conjure up a mental picture of a guy of a certain size and build playing in a definite area / role on the pitch. Football used to be like this in my Dads day just before the Hungarians beat us at Wembley -n those days again the term " half back " 0r " wing half " conjured up the picture of a certain type of player.

As with formations that have gone from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 etc - the game has gone mad - once it went to stats and programmes I gave up Lol - I am Luddite enough to prefer the blackboard and subbuteo figures on a subbuteo pitch for formation explanation and will watch highlights packages to see how a team sets up !!

Isn't our number 10 shirt cursed?

Yeah, it's really cursed.

Its last incumbent scored over 70 goals wearing it.

And the new wearer has already scored a goal.

It's the No. 9 that seems to be less lucky for its wearer, the last four of whom have been Negredo, Adebayour, Bojinov and Mpenza.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.