Playing out from the back (The 'Ederson' Factor)

This guy is not just a great keeper he is a superb entertainer - absolute box office. Totally unique in his position and a bargain at the price we paid.

I'm just wondering, after the Schmiechel Debacle tonight, whether keepers are forced to try and emulate Ederson's display, on the pitch or whether they should 'play their own game'?

Why would a keeper try and be who they're not?

But, then again, why risk the fate of a Joe Hart situation??

As an observer, it seems to me that other clubs are trapped in our Man City web, do as we do, play we play or be consigned to the dustbin of yesterday's football.

There is an amazing amount of pressure on the opposition that I hadn't really noticed before tonight, not to be left behind.

Is this my imagination...?
Your quote makes me feel I’m not alone the with my thoughts

This was Peps plan with Bravo in goal last season , the only thing Pep got wrong was he thought he needed an experienced keeper who could play that way, when in reality he needed a relatively inexperienced keeper who could play without fear and grow into the role .

If anyone can post a gif of ederson chest down today please do. Been going on to the Mrs about it and then they didn't show it on motd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.