Playing right until the final whistle

B B

BLUEMATT23

God don't you just hate it when the rags score late?. How many times?
Loads of injury time, it may aswell be re-named play until United win time.
But think how many additional points over the years they have aquired through injury time goals.

But seriously I hate them with a passion but as we try & progress as a club isn't this something that we should be learning to do?.

Bar the Blackpool game I cannot recall many instances (I stand to be corrected) this season or last for that matter when we have scored & won the game late or a winner in injury time.

Take Thursday for example I know Silva had that chance in the last few minutes but after that I can't help but feel that BM was happy to take a draw towards the end of the game. Yes I know a draw would have been a good result but do you not feel with the team we have he should be saying sod it, i'm going for a win?. Other examples are the league cup semi's last season, in both games I felt he was in content mode towards the end of the game.

Surely if were aiming to be successful in certain games BM has not got to be scared of loosing when going for a win. The difference could be well, loads of points.

BLUEMATT23 said:
God don't you just hate it when the rags score late?. How many times?
Loads of injury time, it may aswell be re-named play until United win time.
But think how many additional points over the years they have aquired through injury time goals.

But seriously I hate them with a passion but as we try & progress as a club isn't this something that we should be learning to do?.

Bar the Blackpool game I cannot recall many instances (I stand to be corrected) this season or last for that matter when we have scored & won the game late or a winner in injury time.

Take Thursday for example I know Silva had that chance in the last few minutes but after that I can't help but feel that BM was happy to take a draw towards the end of the game. Yes I know a draw would have been a good result but do you not feel with the team we have he should be saying sod it, i'm going for a win?. Other examples are the league cup semi's last season, in both games I felt he was in content mode towards the end of the game.

Surely if were aiming to be successful in certain games BM has not got to be scared of loosing when going for a win. The difference could be well, loads of points.

It was 4 minutes which is the average for added minutes and they scored in the 91st minute, it had nothing to do with 'Fergie time'.

It was 4 minutes which is the average for added minutes and they scored in the 91st minute, it had nothing to do with 'Fergie time'.

93rd actually but 4 minutes is standard injury time but the OP's right, we never seem too score late or even look like scoring late.

Are the other team allowed to score too - so it's fair to both teams really.

I posted a comment yesterday about clubs expecting the rags to score in the last few minutes and as good as giving them the goal as they fold under the pressure. They don't bring on extra players, they don't get the other team to take some of theirs off. I didn't see any poor decisions leading to a frre kick or penalty that they scored from - so what is it that allows them to score so often in the last minutes? Attitude - and that's it. If it was Milan or Real doing this a lot of people on here would be singing their praises and saying we should adopt their attitude. As it's the rags they are claiming that it's fergietime and it's the refs unfairly adding time solely for their benefit!

With us it seems to be the other way - like RM said, there are a lot of poor attitudes at the club and these need to be changed if we are to meet our potential. I don't think he was just refering to the drinking culture, spouting off to the press etc.

There's a certain team in the league that just today proved that they play right till the end in order to scrape anything from a game. They're sitting 5th right now.

It's that winning mentality, isn't it? We'd never have lost either of last seasons Derby Matches had it not been for the injury time. U*****d keep pushing and pushing until they find that winning Goal.

I note they're still unbeaten this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.