Playing with a no 10....

Cityinmyheart

Always been confused why we never have played with a no 10(playmaker) system especially in Europe,,,,,Neither in Mancini era or the in the current season,,,,we now have 3 players whose best position is no 10 Silva,Nasri and Jovetic and still we waste them in wide positions.......Discuss pls....

Because we've bought so many expensive strikers, the manager's hand is forced into playing 2 of them in most games.

And we have set up many times with a true central no. 10 btw.

Jumanji said:
Because we've bought so many expensive strikers, the manager's hand is forced into playing 2 of them in most games.

I think we have a top striker too many personally.

Most of the top European sides who play two up top whether it being in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 the man behind the main striker is a typical number ten like Silva, they don't go playing two out and out forwards because they know they will lose the midfield battle due to modern football tactics favouring packed midfields.

Bayern went 4141 and used a typical number ten in Muller but utilizing him almost as a false 9, they sacrificed Mandzukic and boy didn't it pull off for them.

We need to be following modern trends or trying to get one step ahead, going with two out and out strikers up top is just suicide in against the big boys.

Well ...Dzeko wears #10 ..you need ask him

but seriously Silva played that role majority of time under Mancini ...yes he floated wide when he need space

sam-caddick said:
Jumanji said:

Most of the top European sides who play two up top whether it being in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 the man behind the main striker is a typical number ten like Silva, they don't go playing two out and out forwards because they know they will lose the midfield battle due to modern football tactics favouring packed midfields.

Bayern went 4141 and used a typical number ten in Muller but utilizing him almost as a false 9, they sacrificed Mandzukic and boy didn't it pull off for them.

We need to be following modern trends or trying to get one step ahead, going with two out and out strikers up top is just suicide in against the big boys.
Bayern going from a 4231 to a 4141 and Lahms transformation has really caught me tonight (watching the game back with a clear head). I didn't see the friendly against them and was interested in how Pep would change a team that had just won everything and had nothing to prove as you knew he wouldn't leave it be.

If we went for the lone striker would it be Aguero with Silva and Yaya behind? Or Negrado with Aguero as the false number 9?

Walkbustaxi said:
sam-caddick said:
Jumanji said:

Bayern going from a 4231 to a 4141 and Lahms transformation has really caught me tonight (watching the game back with a clear head). I didn't see the friendly against them and was interested in how Pep would change a team that had just won everything and had nothing to prove as you knew he wouldn't leave it be.

If we went for the lone striker would it be Aguero with Silva and Yaya behind? Or Negrado with Aguero as the false number 9?

I'd go with Aguero with Jovetic behind. The right level of creative, hardworking and clinical.

NQCitizen said:
Walkbustaxi said:
sam-caddick said:

I'd go with Aguero with Jovetic behind. The right level of creative, hardworking and clinical.
Of all our strikers Jovetic is the one I know the least about.

Out of interest does anyone know why he wasn't included in the squad for Bayern?

Walkbustaxi said:
NQCitizen said:
Walkbustaxi said:

Of all our strikers Jovetic is the one I know the least about.

Out of interest does anyone know why he wasn't included in the squad for Bayern?

Maybe it was because he hasn't played that many games yet and we didn't want to take any risks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.