Please help any blumoon computer buffs

salfordpaul

Bluemooners, I am on my mobile writing this!
It all started on the weekend trying to watch city on a stream ( not your fault shady) when I got a " you ve won a comp sketch" well I hit the x in the top right hand corner and since then I ve had a nightmare.
After 15 mins my computer switches itself off and then restarts, the start button left hand side at the bottom is missing. I m now watching it blank but really noisy! Can anyone please help?? I can drop it off to anyone s
house and I will pay for the fix! Please help " mooners" pm me for My tel no.
Many thanks
Paul

Middleton computers have always been fair to me mate 2 good lads there.

284 Oldham Road
Middleton, Manchester, Lancashire M24 2DP
0161 653 8200

salfordpaul said:
Bluemooners, I am on my mobile writing this!
It all started on the weekend trying to watch city on a stream ( not your fault shady) when I got a " you ve won a comp sketch" well I hit the x in the top right hand corner and since then I ve had a nightmare.
After 15 mins my computer switches itself off and then restarts, the start button left hand side at the bottom is missing. I m now watching it blank but really noisy! Can anyone please help?? I can drop it off to anyone s
house and I will pay for the fix! Please help " mooners" pm me for My tel no.
Many thanks
Paul

Assuming you've got XP. Try this first.

1) Start your computer in safe mode ( in the boot up screen showing Windows XP press F8 ).

2) Then perform a System Restore to the point BEFORE this happened. Click start, accessories, system tools, system restore. Once this is opened, select a date to restore the computer to that was BEFORE the problem started.

3) This will run a wizard to help you. And once this is finished ( it should tell you on screen what it's doing and when its finished ). Get yourself a decent virus checker AVG Antivirus, of ESD are good if you've got an older machine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.