Please help the Blue Moon Podcast (funding)

just subscribed.

(yes, I know I dont post much, but I enjoy this podcast and it deserves all our support)
I love the podcast. It gets me through the ironing- we all have our issues! It's a superbly informative listen and I am happy to make a donation. Appreciate all the good work done on our behalf.

I love the podcast. It gets me through the ironing- we all have our issues! It's a superbly informative listen and I am happy to make a donation. Appreciate all the good work done on our behalf.
Thank you! Unfortunately, we all have to do the ironing, too!

The podcast has become part of our match day as we put it on when we hit the motorway at Abington and it keeps us going until we hit the services at Teebay. Great listening. That's me now signed up, keep the great work it's hugely appreciated!

The podcast has become part of our match day as we put it on when we hit the motorway at Abington and it keeps us going until we hit the services at Teebay. Great listening. That's me now signed up, keep the great work it's hugely appreciated!
Cheers! Glad to hear that it's a good listen for the journey - and big thanks! :-)

OP’s a very interesting read. I miss virtually no podcast during the season, and don’t at all mind contributing $5 a month for the quality of the show. I reckon I can well afford it, when I look at my outgoings for other things. Your interviews with former players and various people associated with the club are great. With Sam, you provide a sane assessment of recent performances by the team and individual players which is a necessary antidote to some of what I read on here. I don’t always agree with you, but I can see that none of you are banging any particular drum. Howard’s acid humour makes me laugh like a drain. Real Kippax humour, that. Takes me back.
I suspect that the podcast provides a particular lifeline for those of us who no longer (or have never) lived in the UK. But I might be imagining it. That’s certainly what it feels like to me.
Just a (naive?) question. Have you thought about getting a sponsor, the way Cheesy has for their podcast (I’m sure it’s down to many people besides himself, but he’s the front man, let’s face it)? I’m well aware that the BM podcast is on a whole different level of sophistication in terms of production, although their podcast is perfectly professional imo, and I also listen to it when I’ve got time. He has to do a plug at the beginning and the end, of course, but it’s pretty painless.

Last edited:
OP’s a very interesting read. I miss virtually no podcast during the season, and don’t at all mind contributing $5 a month for the quality of the show. I reckon I can well afford it, when I look at my outgoings for other things. Your interviews with former players and various people associated with the club are great. With Sam, you provide a sane assessment of recent performances by the team and individual players which is a necessary antidote to some of what I read on here. I don’t always agree with you, but I can see that none of you are banging any particular drum. Howard’s acid humour makes me laugh like a drain. Real Kippax humour, that. Takes me back.
I suspect that the podcast provides a particular lifeline for those of us who no longer (or have never) lived in the UK. But I might be imagining it. That’s certainly what it feels like to me.
Just a (naive?) question. Have you thought about getting a sponsor, the way Cheesy has for their podcast (I’m sure it’s down to many people besides himself, but he’s the front man, let’s face it)? I’m well aware that the BM podcast is on a whole different level of sophistication in terms of production, although their podcast is perfectly professional imo, and I also listen to it when I’ve got time. He has to do a plug at the beginning and the end, of course, but it’s pretty painless.

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah - we looked at sponsorship, but I struggled to find someone willing to commit to backing the show for the season at a rate that worked for both parties. I was also cautious about getting a sponsor for a few shows and then none for a few and then another for a few more, largely because I didn't want to detract from the quality of the show. It's the same reason why I'd rather not put adverts into the show, especially after we decided to go with the crowdfunding model in 2016.

Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.