Please "King Kenny"....

el_genio said:
Was left with a huge mess that Benitez left behind. Don't understand why he has taken so much stick while fat Rafa gets a pass. Thats stupid history loving red dippers for you.

Its because when times are bad, people look back at the past in a rose tinted nostalgic light. Rafa did do good things for them, like winning the Champions League, and coming very close to winning the title, but since that season they finished 2nd, they went backwards, and he has to take some blame for it. He may not have had much of a choice by selling Alonso, who I think wanted to go, but I'm sure he tried to get rid of him the previous summer, so that may have played some part. Alonso was a key player, who was never replaced. Benitez also bought Glen Johnson, for a crazy amount, a completely unnecesary signing, as Arbeloa was a superior full-back. Hyypia left, and was replaced by Kryiakos, a not very good defender. His other signings, Aquilani, and Lucas have been flops, Aquilani a very expensive one. I understand there may not have been a great deal to spend, but he spent it on some overpriced players, who never succeeded. Benitez just blamed it all on Hicks and Gillett, intimating that since they came, the club went backwards. I didn't hear him complain about them when they provided the money for Torres, or when Liverpool were top of the league.

Unknown_Genius said:
el_genio said:
Was left with a huge mess that Benitez left behind. Don't understand why he has taken so much stick while fat Rafa gets a pass. Thats stupid history loving red dippers for you.

Its because when times are bad, people look back at the past in a rose tinted nostalgic light. Rafa did do good things for them, like winning the Champions League, and coming very close to winning the title, but since that season they finished 2nd, they went backwards, and he has to take some blame for it. He may not have had much of a choice by selling Alonso, who I think wanted to go, but I'm sure he tried to get rid of him the previous summer, so that may have played some part. Alonso was a key player, who was never replaced. Benitez also bought Glen Johnson, for a crazy amount, a completely unnecesary signing, as Arbeloa was a superior full-back. Hyypia left, and was replaced by Kryiakos, a not very good defender. His other signings, Aquilani, and Lucas have been flops, Aquilani a very expensive one. I understand there may not have been a great deal to spend, but he spent it on some overpriced players, who never succeeded. Benitez just blamed it all on Hicks and Gillett, intimating that since they came, the club went backwards. I didn't hear him complain about them when they provided the money for Torres, or when Liverpool were top of the league.
Alonso leaving was because Benitez wanted him out. He wanted to replace him with Gareth Barry.

GSW Blue said:
Heard a new term recently, "The Traditional Big 4". Presumably to avoid excluding the Dippers the media will cling to the big 4 shite for as long as possible in the hope that normal service will be resumed. Soon be "The Historic Big 4". I hope Dogleash does take over from Woy as it will be good to see their greatest player in charge as they slide in to mid table obscurity.

Prehistoric Big Four? Dippers are a classic case of too many fans never realising that there is a possibility that their beloved team could ever be shit. They have been a highly successful team, with world class players, and not but a season or two ago did they have decent players in most positions. They have now left, not been replaced, and only Stevie Starfish and El Nino remain. They have an ordinary squad, nothing special about them. I don't know who is grieving most, the media or the fans.

el_genio said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Alonso leaving was because Benitez wanted him out. He wanted to replace him with Gareth Barry.

Oh yeah, that was it.

strongbowholic said:
Must admit I've been on a bit of a WUM with them all at work and been saying things like "don't worry about it, Woy will keep you up!" They've bitten so many times it's hilarious. Been like taking candy from a baby.

i bet that does wind them up something rotten.

Matt Diablo said:
...do go back to manage your beloved Pool and save Woy from any more embarrassment, then in turn stand in the technical area lapping up the endless prehistoric chants containing your name but helplessly watching on as the shithouses that you represent continue to get beat by the bottom clubs and settle for mid table mediocrity.

Really would be a sight to behold, but would it shut those sad scouse nesbits up who crow about him and their glorious history? Doubt it...

They are getting as bad as the Geordies with their Messiah Complex Kenny issues. It would be like us demanding the return of Tony Book. Deluded scouse fuckers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.