Please read this. You'll be glad you did.

mad4city

Mods, I know that there's another thread about this but I'd really like people to know about this and I'd hate the club's magnificent efforts to be overlooked. So, if possible, I'd be very, very grateful if you could make an exception in this case, please.

City in the Community's visit to St. Gabriel's School, Limerick, 13/2/12:

Firstly, if I'm honest, when we in the Limerick OSC suggested that, during their visit here, City might bring the cup to some place in town where we could share the day with those less fortunate than ourselves, we did so, fully in the knowledge that we were probably pushing our luck a little bit. They had already commited to two free coaching schools for up to 180 kids and a function that evening and we would have completely understood if it was too much trouble and the club had said no.
They didn't though. They sat back figured out how they could make it work and threw themselves into it with genuine enthusiasm. So much so, that when Patrick Vieira heard about it, he gave up a rare day off to come over and support us.
I was privileged to be one of the small party from our supporters club which accompanied, Paul Lake, Patrick (& some of City's unsung heroes like Sarah McBriar, Chris Neild & Damaris Treasure) on the visit to St. Gabriel's (a local school which looks after kids with special needs), yesterday morning.

I'm honestly not spoofing when I say that it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The reception that we were afforded was astonishing, overwhelming and humbling. I can tell you that not one of us, Lake and Vieira included, didn't come away enriched and inspired by the experience. I swear to you that I never thought that any City experience would top Dickov's goal but this really was on another level again.
Imagine being the only kid in your school to have supported City and then thirty years later to walk through a school bedecked from top to bottom in City colours. That wasn't the whole of it though, to see how embracing City, learning the history of the FA Cup and painting City crests and blue moons had enriched the lives of not just those lovely but unfortunate children but their entire families was awe-inspiring. And that was before the heart-felt rendition of Blue Moon, too! (To do it all whist your own happy and healthy three year old was busy running around the place, doesn't half put your troubles inperspective, either).
Paul Lake and Patrick Vieira are quite simply both thorough gentlemen. They interacted wonderfully with the staff and kids of St. Gabriel's, making time for everybody and making sure everyone's day was memorable. Even some of the journalists present remarked to me that they were blown away by the emotion of event. It was that special an occasion.
It hardly seems important, in a way, but it also put City on the news pages of every national newspaper in Ireland this morning (front page of the very well respected Irish Times, no less). Every word of the coverage was glowing with well-deserved praise. In a week that further cutbacks in healthcare were announced over here, it gave the school a huge boost in profile.

We are all very, very lucky with the club that we support. Don't ever forget that.

Somebody posted a little bit of it here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMrZiqqSHo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMrZiqqSHo</a>

PS:
The soccer schools at Fairview Rangers went fantastically well with Paul and Patrick again proving invaluable ambassadors for the club. The supporters night in the Castletroy Park Hotel (great place!) was a roaring succes - both of which are excellently covered on the club's site.

PPS: Howeideblue, it was a pleasure to meet you.

mad4city said:
Mods, I know that there's another thread about this but I'd really like people to know about this and I'd hate the club's magnificent efforts to be overlooked. So, if possible, I'd be very, very grateful if you could make an exception in this case, please.

City in the Community's visit to St. Gabriel's School, Limerick, 13/2/12:

Firstly, if I'm honest, when we in the Limerick OSC suggested that, during their visit here, City might bring the cup to some place in town where we could share the day with those less fortunate than ourselves, we did so, fully in the knowledge that we were probably pushing our luck a little bit. They had already commited to two free coaching schools for up to 180 kids and a function that evening and we would have completely understood if it was too much trouble and the club had said no.
They didn't though. They sat back figured out how they could make it work and threw themselves into it with genuine enthusiasm. So much so, that when Patrick Vieira heard about it, he gave up a rare day off to come over and support us.
I was privileged to be one of the small party from our supporters club which accompanied, Paul Lake, Patrick (& some of City's unsung heroes like Sarah McBriar, Chris Neild & Damaris Treasure) on the visit to St. Gabriel's (a local school which looks after kids with special needs), yesterday morning.

I'm honestly not spoofing when I say that it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The reception that we were afforded was astonishing, overwhelming and humbling. I can tell you that not one of us, Lake and Vieira included, didn't come away enriched and inspired by the experience. I swear to you that I never thought that any City experience would top Dickov's goal but this really was on another level again.
Imagine being the only kid in your school to have supported City and then thirty years later to walk through a school bedecked from top to bottom in City colours. That wasn't the whole of it though, to see how embracing City, learning the history of the FA Cup and painting City crests and blue moons had enriched the lives of not just those lovely but unfortunate children but their entire families was awe-inspiring. And that was before the heart-felt rendition of Blue Moon, too! (To do it all whist your own happy and healthy three year old was busy running around the place, doesn't half put your troubles inperspective, either).
Paul Lake and Patrick Vieira are quite simply both thorough gentlemen. They interacted wonderfully with the staff and kids of St. Gabriel's, making time for everybody and making sure everyone's day was memorable. Even some of the journalists present remarked to me that they were blown away by the emotion of event. It was that special an occasion.
It hardly seems important, in a way, but it also put City on the news pages of every national newspaper in Ireland this morning (front page of the very well respected Irish Times, no less). Every word of the coverage was glowing with well-deserved praise. In a week that further cutbacks in healthcare were announced over here, it gave the school a huge boost in profile.

We are all very, very lucky with the club that we support. Don't ever forget that.

Somebody posted a little bit of it here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMrZiqqSHo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMrZiqqSHo</a>

PS:
The soccer schools at Fairview Rangers went fantastically well with Paul and Patrick again proving invaluable ambassadors for the club. The supporters night in the Castletroy Park Hotel (great place!) was a roaring succes - both of which are excellently covered on the club's site.

PPS: Howeideblue, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Yes - you were spot on mad4city - I was really glad I read it - Well done City and of course all the many other unsung people who must have been involved - this is why we're Blues !

That brought a tear to my eye and put the whole of the rest of today's 'news' into total perspective.

Well done City, well done Lakey & Patrick Vierra. Someone said at a meeting tonight that Paul Lake will soon be meeting himself coming back he is doing so much these days!!

As always I am proud to be a City supporter.

As a retired teacher I can just imagine the joy for those children and the enjoyment and preparation that went into the whole visit.

i do feel fortunate being a city fan and nicley put there pal, very true words and interesting write up.. We support a great club..
But what i notice is how serious the club is about this astonishing fase we are going threw, we are fortunate to be here from the begining as we grow in to one of the biggest clubs in the world.... I visted Abu Dabi last year, from what i heard they are serious about this club and what direction it goes in..
Wouldnt you just hate to support a normal club right now. CtiD !

Over the years Ive supported City there have been a number of occasions when I have been to events that went under the radar, but very special moments no less that confirmed everything about why I love this club. We do these type of things the best, we are the undoubted champions every year with our approach to the community and our fans. Well done everyone, a fantastic read and its great to know that everyone went away touched by the magic that is Manchester City and equally Manchester City were touched by the efforts of Limerick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.