Plymouth Argyle

same in exeter....lived down there for 6 years and remember derby days being the only blue in the pub watching it whilst "rags" were saying you don't even go to any games....enter the season ticket!!! And unbelievable bating when nevler fed the goat and we beat 'em 4-1 at the new place!!!
unfortunately due to the success of the 90s rags coupled with the fact exeter/torquay and plymouth never really had anything to shout about, there are a lot of plastic/sky fans who will never see "their" team in the flesh...

Hi all,

As a Plymouth Argyle fan I completely agree with some of what you say. There are a large amount of plastic fans here in the city that have never been to a premiership game but will happily sit in a pub on a saturday afternoon watching the tv in a red shirt! My brother in law included!

However, there are also many die hard Plymouth fans who are going through shear agony at the moment watching our beloved club fall to pieces. One of my earliest childhood memories are of me and my dad standing on the terraces watching football. To see our club liquidated would be the end of a era for many Plymouth fans.

I have been astounded at the amount of support from around the country from fans of different clubs. Especially Newcastle, Brighton and yourselfs.

I just want to say a huge thank you for all your support and anything you guys do to help save the club will be remembered for many years to come.

As far as I'm concerned there's only one team in Manchester... Keep it blue!

All the best and thanks again!

Paul

Can't imagine how I'd feel Paul if my beloved City were gonna go to the wall, you have my full sympathy. I will try and get along to the Plymouth Vs Accy Stanley game in the iunternational break. Might even wear my City top and give Reidy a wave.

I popped down to you home ground to wish the folks there good luck during a recent candlelight vigil they were holding.

I had a recent conversation with a bloke in a pub who saw me in a City top and started a conversation with me at the bar. He asked me wear I was from I told him Manchester and that's why I was a City fan. Good Lord he went into somewhat of a rant. ha ha!!!

This bloke said he was born and breed Plymouth and supported Man Yoo and why should he support his local team, he carried on saying that me supporting my local team was looking down on him and judging him. He carried on when I started laughing that my thinking was like communist China, I didn't say a word but carried on laughing at this point he stormed off with the parting shot of 'Nobody tells him who to support' . I'd only told the bloke why I support City and not even mentioned him or Man Yoo.

Off back on topic, I wish any true fans all the best in keeping a major part of their community open, it must be truly awful and only compounded by the fact that you have loads of so called 'football' fans in your community who sit there in local pubs next to the ground in Liverpool/Man Yoo tops watching a their community go to the wall with complete apathy.

PS toutmaster I'll pm you a couple of days before the game about the Cherry Tree, will be great if we got every City fan in Plymouth into the one place for the games!!

Citysmith said:
Can't imagine how I'd feel Paul if my beloved City were gonna go to the wall, you have my full sympathy. I will try and get along to the Plymouth Vs Accy Stanley game in the iunternational break. Might even wear my City top and give Reidy a wave.

I popped down to you home ground to wish the folks there good luck during a recent candlelight vigil they were holding.

I had a recent conversation with a bloke in a pub who saw me in a City top and started a conversation with me at the bar. He asked me wear I was from I told him Manchester and that's why I was a City fan. Good Lord he went into somewhat of a rant. ha ha!!!

This bloke said he was born and breed Plymouth and supported Man Yoo and why should he support his local team, he carried on saying that me supporting my local team was looking down on him and judging him. He carried on when I started laughing that my thinking was like communist China, I didn't say a word but carried on laughing at this point he stormed off with the parting shot of 'Nobody tells him who to support' . I'd only told the bloke why I support City and not even mentioned him or Man Yoo.

Off back on topic, I wish any true fans all the best in keeping a major part of their community open, it must be truly awful and only compounded by the fact that you have loads of so called 'football' fans in your community who sit there in local pubs next to the ground in Liverpool/Man Yoo tops watching a their community go to the wall with complete apathy.

PS toutmaster I'll pm you a couple of days before the game about the Cherry Tree, will be great if we got every City fan in Plymouth into the one place for the games!!

Many thanks for you kind words mate... and yes there are a few strange ones about lol

Another loss for the greens yesterday but I did hear some encouraging news that the financial mess could be sorted as early as next week! But will wait and see.

Kind regards

Paul

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.