Pochettino sacked by Spurs

Pep has won umpteen trophies since then and Pochetino none, it's not rocket science mate, he may be the darling of the press but he is not successful, it's that simple, you can't defend the indefensible im afraid....
Not defending anything pointing out a fact, you say Tottenham imploded that season yet finished above us, the same Tottenham team knocked us out of the champions league last season, the difference is we have a board that backs the manager and brings in the players he needs to win those trophies,.levy will sell the rolls Royce players and replace them with a fucking skoda

I'm not arguing with what your saying, but managing Spurs n City is chalk and cheese, for a start he'd be working better players at City, a higher budget and a top class academy.

Look at Mancini, had the resources when he came here. Won a league and Fa cup, elsewhere got no where near, baring Inter.

But then City have won 5 of the last 6 trophies. Which one do you think he should’ve won?
Well if he is as good a manager as the broadcasting media would have us believe, at least one of them.

It's not good enough just improving a team when you're being compared to other managers like Pep.

We're constantly being reminded by the footballing fraternity that if we don't win anything this year it'll be a failure.

Okay, Pochettino hasn't won anything for 6 years. What does that make him?

They're in need of a massive overhaul... you've got the ones who are running their contracts down regardless of who the manager is - Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose. But then you've got the ones who are solely there just cos of Poch. Lo Celso and Ndombele made it clear they only really signed cos of him. What a mess.

Really horrible management from Levy, allowing them to be put into this situation and then sacking the man responsible for the improvements they've made in the past five years. What top class manager would want that job, knowing they'd have rebuild the team with a chairman like Levy? The fact that he was praised in the media for not giving Poch any transfers last year looks even more ridiculous now. He's allowed his squad to stagnate like this.

Amazon documentary will be brilliant mind you.

I see you ignored my points in my first reply
You don't really have any points though? I agree that Spurs really should have won the title in 2016 but beyond that he's done extremely well with what he's had to work with. He's competed the last few seasons playing attacking, high intensity football with a thin squad and with players who are underpaid and have their foot half out the door. Levy failed to reinforce the team, failed to renew players, and has consistently sold, even to rivals in some cases (like say, Kyle Walker). If you read absolutely anything about the club though you would know much the players love him and before this year the atmosphere he built in the dressing room was pretty amazing, and he plays attractive football.

It's also pretty ironic to be slating him for domestic trophies when he's competing what may be the best team in English top flight history, against the best manager in the world. The same manager by the way who didn't do nearly as well his first season here while managing the kind of guys Pochettino has worked with consistently at Spurs. Which Spurs players would even get in our best XI right now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.