Podcasts

I tried this on the back of your recommendation but didn’t make it to the end of the first episode. It is absolute made up shite.

The thing that did it for me was when one of the women said she found the undercover cops real identity documents in the glove box of his van while he was out on a bike ride. I’m sorry but never in a million years would this even come close to happening.
I've not heard any of the pod cast or read into any of the cases, but why do you believe that it is not possible for a policeman to make a simple human error of leaving some paperwork stuffed in the glove box of a van?

I've not heard any of the pod cast or read into any of the cases, but why do you believe that it is not possible for a policeman to make a simple human error of leaving some paperwork stuffed in the glove box of a van?

I recommended it as it was excellent. The official apology from the Met suggests it wasn’t all ‘absolute made-up shite’!

In terms of podcasts

Tailenders: For anyone who is into Cricket and silliness its Jimmy Anderson, Felix White of the Maccabees and Greg James (radio 1) worth listening from the start to get on the "in jokes"

Distraction Pieces: Longform interviews by a guy called Scroobius Pip who is a spoken word artist. The interviews are all about an hour and he gets loads of interesting people on from the world of music (Mary J Blige, Dizzee Rascal, Liam Howlett), Comedy (Adam Buxton, Gervais, Ed Gamble, Nish Kumar) MMA, Wrestling, Film and TV (Richard E Grant, MArtin Freeman, Simon Peg, Spike Lee) and all sorts of others that are worth a listen (Rutger Bregman, Wim Hof, Colin Murray). Give it a browse and you will definitly find ones that interest you. His interview style is really relaxed so they are all good listens and give you a bit of a different insight into people and topics. His Drunkcasts are then something to be enjoyed.

The Politcal Party can be quite good, Matt Forde interviewing politicains and a bit of his stand up stuff.

Films to be buried with - interviews with people about their life through film.

Yourfest about festivals in general and GlastoCast about Glastonbury specifically are great, if you are into either of those.

Granted people make errors but this scenario would simply never happen. Not in a million years and then a million more. This would be a play school level error and the deployment of undercover operatives isn’t taken lightly and every move they make is double checked and risk assessed.

Shattered lives if your into true crime. Can be a tough listen though, Mostly about the impact on families who's loved ones have been murdered, disapeared, as well as victims of child abuse etc.

Last edited:
I recommended it as it was excellent. The official apology from the Met suggests it wasn’t all ‘absolute made-up shite’!
It did happen as described. This very incident led to trials collapsing, convictions being overturned and a public inquiry being created after Met officers eere caught shredding reams of documents in yet another attempted cover

Gossipmongers with Joe Wilkinson is very funny. Basically people sending in unsubstantiated stories about the antics of their local nutters, deviants and sex weirdos, a bit like that Local Legends website that was around a few years ago
Been listening to this all week on and off at work.
Fucking hell some of them are hilarious. I'm laughing my head off with my earphones in getting some strange looks.
Highlights so far- marker pen twat forehead, pretend best mate window cleaner/ stalker, and the best one, mummys shoe box photographs. Many others as well.
The best thing though is how the 2 guys are pissing themselves while they read it out.
Genuinely great stuff.
Thanks.

Been listening to this all week on and off at work.
Fucking hell some of them are hilarious. I'm laughing my head off with my earphones in getting some strange looks.
Highlights so far- marker pen twat forehead, pretend best mate window cleaner/ stalker, and the best one, mummys shoe box photographs. Many others as well.
The best thing though is how the 2 guys are pissing themselves while they read it out.
Genuinely great stuff.
Thanks.
It really is amazing stuff. Even the obviously bullshit ones are still funny because you’re wondering what sort of diseased mind would invent something like that. A new series coming soon apparently
PS the early series were taken off podcast players due to a dispute with another cast member but are still available on YouTube

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.