Podolski eyes City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goats left knee

dont know why anyone wouldnt like him in our squad, can play left midfield or up front, super goals record for germany,31 goals in 60 games is sensational for a 23 year old - any time i have seen him play i have been impressed.
Podolski or Vassell...... tough one!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10271/Podolski_eyes_England_move.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10 ... _move.aspx</a>

He has got a good record, but theres something about him that tells me he won't be a success with us.

And it's not a Podolski vs Vassell choice. Hughes will play Vass regardless.

Whether you want him or not the most encouraging thing is that top players accross Europe are now seriously considering joining us. I know that this is partly, at the very least, motivated by cash, but it proves that we are now very firmly on the radar of top players and their agents.

He's been a bench warmer for 18 months, not keen on the idea myself.

Also no need for the Vass comparison considering they play different positions, that just seemed like a needless swipe.

bluebarn said:
Whether you want him or not the most encouraging thing is that top players accross Europe are now seriously considering joining us. I know that this is partly, at the very least, motivated by cash, but it proves that we are now very firmly on the radar of top players and their agents.

Yep, we were after him the same time last year and I don't think he was quite so keen?

To be honest I haven't seen that much of him so can't really comment

the guy has got 60 1st team caps and a goal every other game ratio for one of the best internatonal teams in the world...he is 23 FFS!

fair dinkums his record for BM isnt great but he had a great record at koln give him the chances at city and i could see him turn into a top class prem striker...typical hughes kinda style.

plus we could pick him up for less than RSC

Every time ive seen him i have been impressed. i would like to see this guy at city

moomba said:
He has got a good record, but theres something about him that tells me he won't be a success with us.

And it's not a Podolski vs Vassell choice. Hughes will play Vass regardless.
Really? So if we pick up three or four first teamers in January, like Podolski, you think Hughes will still play Vassell? I rather think not. Or was that just a thinly veiled (obviously clever) dig at our manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.