Pogba Alternatives?

As Pogba is probably seen as Toure's successor I would say the alternative is Toure until Pogba or somebody as good as those two becomes available. Whether this summer or next.

As Pogba is probably seen as Toure's successor I would say the alternative is Toure until Pogba or somebody as good as those two becomes available. Whether this summer or next.
I cant see us doing anything in the CL unless we sign a top class midfielder

Witsel would be my choice

If we didn't sign anyone, I wouldn't be against trying Denayer out in the holding role if need be, I think he's got what it takes. Axel Witsel is my realistic Plan B though.

Seen a few reports linking Arsenal with Dani Ceballos. We should be all over him, was superb in the euro u19 championships and is already a reguler in the Real Betis side.

I am bit concerned about our defensive strength in midfield, particularly with that **** mourinho turning up early doors, as we may not have aguero zabba et al. That muppet Fernando is nowhere near good enough to be playing in a top level team, competing for trophies and in the champs league

Hi Cheadle Blue...I agree mate.....I still cant believe we 2 weeks away from the start of the season and with Fernandindo likely to miss the 1st game and Delph an injury concern, we could be counting on Fernando to start.....a "holding" defensive minded CM should have been at the top of our shopping list as soon as the window opened....

I would argue Kompany was a very accomplished DM, he could be our Matic. His form dipped last season but what happens if it carries on next season. I think trying him in a DM role would be beneficial
I always rated Kompany in midfield. On paper a trio of him, Fernandinho and Yaya looks great, would also allow us to give Denayer more games.

Dont see it however as Pellegrini always picks Demichelis over Kompany in that role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.