Police want Old Firm derbies to be fan-less

The Pink Panther said:
They're like two pub teams on a Sunday morning, but with a far larger following.

I had to agree with the Police spokesman who said that "following every old firm game the Police spend valuable resources on incidents long into the night and it's up to the public how they want their Police funding spent"

Personally I think their matches should kick off at 7am and on the day of a match no pub or off license in Glasgow should be able to sell alcohol until 1pm

lol a bit unfair on the players at 7:00 am. but you know what el happen by the next derby after if there was no alcohal sold they would just buy it all the day before. its a shame.

if it was up to the police every match through out the uk would be fan-less, they get bloody good money off the clubs for policing a game so its not as if its out of the tax payers pocket, unfortunatly these games have a link to domestic violence 'so they say' thats not a clubs problem its a social problem

It's a good job they dont play each other in a cup final in a few weeks. Oh, wait a minute ...

I wish the Manchester derby was like the old firm derby on Wednesday.

The police get paid to control the crowds, keep the normal people safe from the idiots. So if they want fan less old firm games then they won't get paid.

WNRH said:
I wish the Manchester derby was like the old firm derby on Wednesday.

The police get paid to control the crowds, keep the normal people safe from the idiots. So if they want fan less old firm games then they won't get paid.
So you want to watch a spectacle like that game? The sheer stupidity of Diouf, Lennon and McCoists antics made the game secondary as a spectacle...not to mention the breathtaking delusion of some 'fans' as a result. Case in point: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=179598&pid=1058779806&st=0&#entry1058779806

Nonsense, you lot are giving opinions on something you only read in the papers about, as fans of Manchester City, shouldn't you be a bit more media cautious?

I was at the game last night, it was amazing, best Old Firm I've ever been to, atmosphere was incredible, there was no fighting before or after and every rangers fan I've spoke to after is in agreement that their players were ridiculous, 3 yellow cards for Celtic, 7 for Rangers and 3 Reds, says it all. I don't see how 56,000 Celtic fans can incite hatred onto 10 players of the opposition and there is no way in hell that 4,000 Rangers fans could, they were unheard throughout.

If we played half as passionately as both teams did last night, I'd get the train to Manchester for every single game.

Jackson-ctid said:
Nonsense, you lot are giving opinions on something you only read in the papers about, as fans of Manchester City, shouldn't you be a bit more media cautious?

I was at the game last night, it was amazing, best Old Firm I've ever been to, atmosphere was incredible, there was no fighting before or after and every rangers fan I've spoke to after is in agreement that their players were ridiculous, 3 yellow cards for Celtic, 7 for Rangers and 3 Reds, says it all. I don't see how 56,000 Celtic fans can incite hatred onto 10 players of the opposition and there is no way in hell that 4,000 Rangers fans could, they were unheard throughout.

If we played half as passionately as both teams did last night, I'd get the train to Manchester for every single game.

I agree with the first bit. But ive been to many Rangers games, and old firms, and yeah the atmosphere is great, but its a derby. They are all passionate.

Lots of naive comments on here.

Yes, there's a bit of bother at old firm games which police do get paid to control which is fair enough.

But. And its a big but, there was 197 reported cases of domestic abuse in Glasgow alone on the old firm day of 20.02.11. That's 8 women (or men) being abused every hour, most of which were football related. Infact, its believed up to another 200 cases went un reported.

There's people being stabbed at night, hours after the games finished. Folk fighting in the schemes of govan and parkhead with the words "fenian", "orange" being spouted by Scumbags all over the place.

Is it really worth it? I say make them play each other behind closed doors with kick off times not disclosed to the public. Things can't continue the way they are.

ayrshire_blue said:
Lots of naive comments on here.

Yes, there's a bit of bother at old firm games which police do get paid to control which is fair enough.

But. And its a big but, there was 197 reported cases of domestic abuse in Glasgow alone on the old firm day of 20.02.11. That's 8 women (or men) being abused every hour, most of which were football related. Infact, its believed up to another 200 cases went un reported.

There's people being stabbed at night, hours after the games finished. Folk fighting in the schemes of govan and parkhead with the words "fenian", "orange" being spouted by Scumbags all over the place.

Is it really worth it? I say make them play each other behind closed doors with kick off times not disclosed to the public. Things can't continue the way they are.

It;s similar down here on derby day. Lots of derby related trouble in towns across G Manc', and none of it gets linked to the game because it's nowhere near the stadium.

Sounds to me like the problem is intermarriage between Rangers and Celtic fans. Surely if the Mrs was a Rangers fan like the hubby then he wouldnt give her a dig when Celtic scored and vice versa or is the issue more complex than that.
People stab each other in Glasgow regardless of football, its a national past time, partly down to the diet of deep fried dog turd and bottles of Buckie.

They built a wall to keep em out....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.