pompey crowd

tonethestone said:
To be honest there crowds have been poor for few months, maybe there support isn't as great as ppl think.

yeh, it's been quite poor for quite some time, last time they completely filled it was when they beat the dippers.

Blue Lloyd said:
franksidebottom said:
Pompey fans are part of a bunch of supporters I cant stand. Them, Stoke and Burnley all averaged 12-14000 the years they gained promotion then sell out in the prem and rather than being called glory hunting part time fuckers they get praised as passionate and amongst the best fans in the country. When they go down (if they are still in business) they'll all dwindle away again

And the 28,000 we had in the third division in comparison to the 45k (ish) we average now are.....?

Don't forget Portsmouth hadn't been a topflight side since 1986, Stoke about 84-85ish and Burnley since the mid 70's. Your point smacks totally of football snobbery.

Football snobbery? If following my team from the prem to div 1 and back again makes me a snob then so be it. 28000 in div 2 is 16000 more than they got in the championship. In our promotion season we had 340000 each game but could easily have sold more if the ground was bigger. Your comment makes no sense. Lets see how many they have next year and then try and tell me they are good fans

Franksidebottom I too followed City down and down again, I too was at the 2-2 draw against Liverpool that relegated us out of the Premier League, I too was at the Brittania that fateful afternoon we won 5-2 and still went down, I too was at Wembley 99 and Ewood Park the year after. You have missed my point.

In four years City went from being a topflight team to a third level side and back again.

Pompey, Stoke and Burnley hadn't been topflight sides for decades - believe me this makes a difference.

And finally Manchester is a far bigger place than either of the three mentioned so of course we will always get better support.

Stop belittling other clubs and making us look arrogant. It's certainly not the City way.

Blue Lloyd said:
Franksidebottom I too followed City down and down again, I too was at the 2-2 draw against Liverpool that relegated us out of the Premier League, I too was at the Brittania that fateful afternoon we won 5-2 and still went down, I too was at Wembley 99 and Ewood Park the year after. You have missed my point.

In four years City went from being a topflight team to a third level side and back again.

Pompey, Stoke and Burnley hadn't been topflight sides for decades - believe me this makes a difference.

And finally Manchester is a far bigger place than either of the three mentioned so of course we will always get better support.

Stop belittling other clubs and making us look arrogant. It's certainly not the City way.

Belittling? Its called an opinion. Sorry I didnt know you were the forum police I'll make sure I run my comments past you in the future. I think you missed my point also. I wasnt saying that they should get crowds similar to ours I was saying that they have almost 50% of their crowds every week that will not be there nhen they are back in the championship. Now please stop trying to preach to me because because you are coming across as slightly arrogant

franksidebottom said:
Blue Lloyd said:

Belittling? Its called an opinion. Sorry I didnt know you were the forum police I'll make sure I run my comments past you in the future. I think you missed my point also. I wasnt saying that they should get crowds similar to ours I was saying that they have almost 50% of their crowds every week that will not be there nhen they are back in the championship. Now please stop trying to preach to me because because you are coming across as slightly correct.

Sorted for you.

Blue Lloyd said:
franksidebottom said:
Belittling? Its called an opinion. Sorry I didnt know you were the forum police I'll make sure I run my comments past you in the future. I think you missed my point also. I wasnt saying that they should get crowds similar to ours I was saying that they have almost 50% of their crowds every week that will not be there nhen they are back in the championship. Now please stop trying to preach to me because because you are coming across as slightly unfunny.

Sorted for you.

Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.