Pompey may not turn up Sunday

I hope moral is at an all time low so we can hammer them on Sunday.

Then i wish them all the best for the future come 4pm.

bluerichwit said:
if pompey go bust what happens with remaining games of season and points taken of them this season already etc,
The only times this has happened during the season(Aldershot and Maidstone(I think))the results with that club were simply removed from the table. So that would help Liverpool and suck for us, that being said I'm sure they will play the season out, after that it's anyones guess.

i think if they didnt turn up, we would be given a 3-0 score line. rather them turn up and just didnt put a game against us and we could run up a decent win. eg. 8-0

bluerichwit said:
if pompey go bust what happens with remaining games of season and points taken of them this season already etc,
They are unlikely to go bust as such just yet while there are assets and they can generate cashflow. More likely is administration and a loss of 10 points.

The way football finance works in the PL, you get money in August from Sky (which is the same for each club) asnd probably sponsorship/advertising money, then it's only what you get from the sale of matchday tickets (not season tickets), one-off hospitality and any tv fees for televised matches, plus merchandise and other matchday sales like food and drink. So a home cup game is great for cashflow.

However very little else comes in until spring, whenever you start selling season tickets, but you have to pay wages, council tax, heat and light etc. You will get s/t money in at some point, depending on your timetable and then get the bulk of the TV money in May, at the end of the season. So January/February is the worst time for cashflow at most clubs and most clubs live o nthe fat or dip into borrowings. Pompey have had to repay all theirs however so need to find the cash from somewhere.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluerichwit said:
They are unlikely to go bust as such just yet while there are assets and they can generate cashflow. More likely is administration and a loss of 10 points.

The way football finance works in the PL, you get money in August from Sky (which is the same for each club) asnd probably sponsorship/advertising money, then it's only what you get from the sale of matchday tickets (not season tickets), one-off hospitality and any tv fees for televised matches, plus merchandise and other matchday sales like food and drink. So a home cup game is great for cashflow.

However very little else comes in until spring, whenever you start selling season tickets, but you have to pay wages, council tax, heat and light etc. You will get s/t money in at some point, depending on your timetable and then get the bulk of the TV money in May, at the end of the season. So January/February is the worst time for cashflow at most clubs and most clubs live o nthe fat or dip into borrowings. Pompey have had to repay all theirs however so need to find the cash from somewhere.
I thought the Sky fee was paid in instalments throughout the season?

Immaculate Pasta said:
I hope moral is at an all time low so we can hammer them on Sunday.

Then i wish them all the best for the future come 4pm.

ere ere

The sooner the better they go into adminsitration I will get the pay out on my bet that I done 3 years ago. Any priemier league club to go into admin by the end of this season I got odds of 30/1 it was around the time Leeds got docked if the memory is right. I know it is a bad thing to wish on a club but it is only a matter of time.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

25% of the total pot is paid upfront in August, 25% is paid for TV rights throughout the season and 50% of the pot is paid out at the end of the season, depending on where you finish. That's how I understand it works.

bluemoonno1 said:
players and staff taking to much money from clubs, not just pompey but all of them,
robbi on £160000 a week, obscene,

160,000 a week and disrespect in return. i`d put the **** in the stiffs. football club have let these tossers who would probably be stealing cars, become bigger than the club itself.

Prestwich_Blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:

25% of the total pot is paid upfront in August, 25% is paid for TV rights throughout the season and 50% of the pot is paid out at the end of the season, depending on where you finish. That's how I understand it works.
Ok so it is but only a pretty small part of the overall figure, with most of it coming either at the start or the end of the off season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.