Poor Villa Crowd

the attendance is roughly 9,000 down on when the 2 teams met at villa park in march,i know alot of Villa fans are not happy about the appointment of the ex brum manager as theirs,alot of people are struggling financially so just cannot afford to go.

Do they consider it a derby? Isn't it just like city v bolton, I don't consider that to be a derby.

kp789 said:
I live in the midlands and villa fans think that their support is amazing.....
They're 5,000 down on last season so far. They were getting over 40,000 four seasons ago and now they're down to 32,000. That's what I'd call amazing support but I'm not necessarily using the word in the same way that they are.

malg said:
Best league in the world my arse.....
Not too sure you'll get many of your average football fans saying that. That's the media (especially Sky) hyping it up in order to sell more subscriptions. It's probably one of the most entertaining leagues (though not going by that Villa game), but the best? No. Spain are technically miles ahead. They're not European and world champions by accident. And most of their squad are still playing in Spain.

Prestwich_Blue said:
kp789 said:
I live in the midlands and villa fans think that their support is amazing.....
They're 5,000 down on last season so far. They were getting over 40,000 four seasons ago and now they're down to 32,000. That's what I'd call amazing support but I'm not necessarily using the word in the same way that they are.

The stats show(not using this season so far as there haven't been many games) that last season they averaged 36,833 which is about 84% of their capacity, that was down 4% on the season before where they averaged over 38,500, which is down 2.8% on 08/09 season where they averaged over 39,800, which is down 1.4% on the 07/08 season where they averaged over 40,300. That's an 8.2% drop over 4 seasons, but to be fair that peak in 07/08 was on the back of a substantial 9.6% rise on their 06/07 attendance, which was just over 36,000. There lowest attendance in that time is 27,450 in 06/07, and every other year listed apart from 08/09 their lowest attendance was in the 32,000 range, in 08/09 their worst attendance was just over 35,000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.