Porto (h) post-match thread

Looking at how bad the English refs are, it’s staggering how much worse the European refs are. They are absolutely fucking diabolical!

Good in the second half

Walker and Sterling were excellent

I don’t really rate Rodri, have never rated gundog

Torres is an exciting talent, what a bargain we got him for!

Result was okay, performance not so much. Some really brainless play, gifting an opponent chances when they didn’t desire to create any for themselves. Some really awful defending. This was probably as poor as we’ve been all season. I understand that we’re missing some key players, but I still expect much better. We’ll lose to West Ham playing like this.

Frustrating game, made even more so by the way that Porto tried repeatedly to gain an unfair advantage. They made repeated attempts to deceive the officials. They wanted to make the game as uncomfortable as possible for us, and they had some success. Particularly with us continuing to play into their traps.

Loved watching Kyle tonight. Hats off to Raz, Ferran, Bernardo, Riyad too, and Gundo & Sergio for their great strikes.

Yeah but the pattern of the game was because he (and others)kept passing backwards, sideways or giving it away.

Which is Pep's fault. The formation was poor, the movement upfront was lacking and as a result we didn't have good forward passing options.

If the pattern of the game is bad, it's Pep's fault, not 5 or 6 players having a bad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.