Porto to be charged over racist abuse of City players?

Re: Porto charged by UEFA over racist abuse of City players

Skashion said:
Even if found guilty the resolution will be having one of their racist fans shake hands with Balotelli.

;-)

Funny how they hadn't done anything before this week so there is no answer before tomorrow!

squirtyflower said:
not before time either

i think they were hoping to sweep it under the carpet

Typical of Uefa that they do the City fans for letting off fireworks first - get the retaliation in first, they say! I would like to see the comparison of fines levied when they find both guilty - €100k for the fireworks and €25 for the monkey chants.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
squirtyflower said:
not before time either

i think they were hoping to sweep it under the carpet

Typical of Uefa that they do the City fans for letting off fireworks first - get the retaliation in first, they say! I would like to see the comparison of fines levied when they find both guilty - €100k for the fireworks and €25 for the monkey chants.
and which harms the image of the game and society more?

rickmcfc said:
So a £5000 fine and warned of future conduct i bet. That will scare the shit out of them.

The usual shit fine, if that.

And why does it take a month when the evidence is there for all too see.

IMHO, any club, whose supporters are found guilty of racist chanting during a European tie should be thrown out of that competition immediately for that season and banned from either the Champions' League or the Europa League the next season for a first offence.

Then, for any subsequent offences, the ban should increase by a season each time.

The supporters would soon cut it out, as the team's coefficient would drop like a stone.

But it won't happen, as despite talking the talk on racism, UEFA always deals with any incidents in a half-hearted way.

It's absolutely pathetic!

For those who havn`t read it :

UEFA open case against Porto

UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings against Porto after Manchester City claimed that two of their players were racially abused.

City lodged a written complaint with European football's governing body after their 2-1 Europa League victory at the Estadio Dragao last week.

There were suspected outbreaks of monkey chanting aimed at Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure during last Thursday's match. It appeared most noticeable when Balotelli was substituted 12 minutes from the end.

UEFA announced in a statement: "Following a complaint lodged by Manchester City FC, UEFA has today opened disciplinary proceedings against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters (article 11 bis of the UEFA disciplinary degulations) during their UEFA Europa League round of 32 first-leg match against Manchester City FC last week.

"The UEFA control and disciplinary body will deal with the case on 29 March."

Porto coach Vitor Pereira and forward Hulk claimed there may have been a misunderstanding when asked about the matter tonight.

The pair both believed the home fans may have been chanting, "Hulk, Hulk, Hulk" at the club's star Brazilian player during the game.

Pereira, speaking at a press conference as the Porto squad visited the Etihad Stadium ahead of the second leg of the tie tomorrow, said: "What I have to say on that, is that normally in our league and our stadiums we don't have problems like that regarding racism.

"In my opinion it was probably a misunderstanding and the authorities will deal with it. I am sure it will be sorted out."

When asked further, Pereira, speaking through a translator, said: "I have no comment to make regarding the racism point. I have not heard any comments about that.

"We have Hulk here and he can comment. He is a very good forward.

"I am normally focused on the match and I have not heard any racist comments at all."

Hulk, who was also present at the press conference, said: "I did not notice any racist abuse, as the manager said.

"In our stadium I always hear this, 'Hulk, Hulk, Hulk,' particularly as I am in charge of the corners. It is our supporters."

The matter overshadowed a fine performance by City as they came from behind to secure a first-leg advantage.

City manager Roberto Mancini did not hear any of the alleged abuse during the game but a complaint was made after Balotelli reported it to a club official.

Mancini was asked about the issue when he gave his pre-match press conference this morning.

He said: "I don't know what has happened. I was concentrating on the game and I didn't hear this.

"But everywhere there are some not clever people, this is life."

When asked if Balotelli had been upset, he said: "I think Mario for this is strong enough.

"This was the culture sometimes in Italy or France. Mario is strong."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7qAUDmISc[/youtube]

This YouTube video shows that the racism takes place when city are attacking the Porto goal and the fans react when Balotelli touches the ball. Hulk is at the other end of the pitch and the chants sound nothing like Hulk, Hulk, Hulk... so with all this in mind I fully expect UEFA to do fuck all about it.

Deepest Blue said:
About time too!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1756458.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/ ... 56458.html</a>

UEFA has launched a disciplinary case against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters during their UEFA Europa League match against Manchester City FC.

Following a complaint lodged by Manchester City FC, UEFA has today opened disciplinary proceedings against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters (Article 11 bis of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations) during their UEFA Europa League round of 32 first-leg match against Manchester City FC last week.

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with the case on 29 March.

The Porto-Manchester City game, played in Portugal on 16 February, finished in a 2-1 victory for the away team
About time? It was only five days ago!

danburge82 said:
Deepest Blue said:
About time too!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1756458.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/ ... 56458.html</a>

UEFA has launched a disciplinary case against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters during their UEFA Europa League match against Manchester City FC.

Following a complaint lodged by Manchester City FC, UEFA has today opened disciplinary proceedings against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters (Article 11 bis of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations) during their UEFA Europa League round of 32 first-leg match against Manchester City FC last week.

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with the case on 29 March.

The Porto-Manchester City game, played in Portugal on 16 February, finished in a 2-1 victory for the away team
About time? It was only five days ago!
We were under investigation for fireworks before they were put under investigation for racism.

Also, all this 'Hulk, Hulk, Hulk' confusion, what are they claiming the word 'Hulk' could be misinterpreted as?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.