Porto v City Post Match Discussion thread

Got home at half 3 this morning. What a brilliant trip. I couldn't believe how warm is was along the waterfront! 16 degrees in Portugal is a lot different to 16 degrees at home - i'm actually a little bit sun burnt on my face despite only being there on the day trip. "I wanna stay here, i wanna stay here, Manchester's a shit hole, i wanna stay here." Haha, proper funny chant that. I met Buzzer, Tony Book, Paul Simpson and Brian Marwood in the airport on the way home. Aparently the players checked in about 5 minutes after me. Gutted i missed them!

If we'd have lost, it wouldn't have dampened my sprits too much as it was my first away European game and i loved every second. But to come away with the 1st leg lead made it truly special.

Tricky_Trev said:
Got home at half 3 this morning. What a brilliant trip. I couldn't believe how warm is was along the waterfront! 16 degrees in Portugal is a lot different to 16 degrees at home - i'm actually a little bit sun burnt on my face despite only being there on the day trip. "I wanna stay here, i wanna stay here, Manchester's a shit hole, i wanna stay here." Haha, proper funny chant that. I met Buzzer, Tony Book, Paul Simpson and Brian Marwood in the airport on the way home. Aparently the players checked in about 5 minutes after me. Gutted i missed them!

If we'd have lost, it wouldn't have dampened my sprits too much as it was my first away European game and i loved every second. But to come away with the 1st leg lead made it truly special.

Got the old tomato face as well mate!
Fair skinned and never thought to pack sun cream ha ha..
What a great trip...my first since Schalke....great result, fantastic time with some of the best lads you'll ever meet...loved every minute!!
Talking about making the effort...one of our lads lives in Southampton and gets off our flight and then sets out on another 5 hour trip back when we're all supping pint back home!!
Massive up to P of the Poynton/Southampton branch and Steve for sorting us all out!!!
Cheers JC

I went and browsed this forum and the guys there seem pretty good...
:) so it was The Hulk(PORTO vs Citeh Rugby club)..good job lescot didn't score here ,The Hulk would ha blown over with the tongue wagging :P

Me and my mate were stood in front of the flags at the back of the first tier, right near the Porto supporters - a load of them had united scarves and started waving the fucking things around when they scored. Needless to say i think we spent the rest of the match giving them abuse back, made the win even better for us.

Amazing few days blues, was my first european away game and i loved every minute of it.

Same place as me and yeah, United scarves, Leeds scarves. An odd bunch yet loads of others wanted to extend the hand of friendship by swapping scarves. I am not sure that my translation of "what the fuck do i want a Porto scarf for" was fully understood but I did helpfully suggest that they could go to mcfc.co.uk to get one of ours. Still a top place though.

Got back today after flying into stanstead late last night,

Fucking great day down at the port, not a lot else there mind!

Decent bars and not too expensive either,

Think the girl with the bagpipes needs to take it to britains got talent, blue moon track was funny as fuck, wasn't planning on going Lisbon but this has changed my mind I think,

Nottingham blues on tour.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.