Portugal v Germany | Euro 2020 Group Stage

MCFC1993

Portugal v Germany

Saturday 19th June 2021

Kicks off at 17:00 (BST) at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany. Capacity at 20%, approximately 14,000.

Coverage begins at 16:00 (BST) on ITV 1, presented by Mark Pougatch, analysis from Gary Neville, Graeme Souness and Patrick Vieira. Commentary from Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon.

Referee: Anthony Taylor (ENG), VAR: Stuart Atwell (ENG)

1624061339126.png

Stuart Atwell, Lee Dixon and Sam Matterface on one game, sorry about that. As for the game itself, game of the round once again. Funnily enough there’s reasons why both sides would be happy with a draw.

PORTUGAL

They made hard work of Hungary in their first match but luckily for them they got the win late on. Despite Ronaldo coring 2, the game actually changed when Rafa Silva came on for Bernardo, he was direct and made the Hungary defence panic. I think Portugal would be happy with a draw, knowing that would put them through (barring abnormal circumstances), especially with France in their last game.

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Ronaldo (Juventus) – 2
Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund) -1

Starting XI v Hungary:
1624061364288.png

GERMANY

As mentioned in the France write up, I don’t think they were as bad as some made out, they were more comfortable on the ball but not very clinical or creative up front. They were essentially City in the Champions League Final. They made France play on the counter-attack which I don’t think was a bad game plan. They need more from their forwards though, whether it’s Werner, Havertz, Sane or Gnabry, somebody needs to start getting shots off on target. I think they too would take a draw knowing they just have to beat Hungary in their last game. To be honest they could lose this and still go through if they batter Hungary. I though

No goal scorers at Euro 2020.

Starting XI v France:
1624061389700.png

See opening match thread for full squads of each team.

Not sure who I want to win this one as there are City players on both teams. Hopefully it will be a good game.

I wouldn't mind Germany winning to keep the group interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.