Possible Dunne sale

Consitantly 1 of our best defenders since he came to the club and because of 1 poor season people want rid of Dunne. People say he scores OGs why is that it happens to all of the top defenders if you throw your body in the way of a shot or try to cut out a cross and it goes in theres nothing you can do about it. The times he has covered for other defenders getting in last ditch tackles he still has a lot to give to the club and I expect him to lead out the team on the opening day of the season if he is fit.

Kompany and Ned have a lot to prove to play Centre Back they need experience in the team beside them and that will come from Dunne. None of the 2 are the finished product just yet.

Don't know what to make of the possible Dunnie sale. He had a poor season but the season's before that he has been our player of the year. I can't see him staying if we buy Lescott or Upson because i think Ned's or Vinny will partner 1 of the new signings. Plus if the rumours are correct and Barry is our new captain then i can't see him staying with us. Think of it this way, If you had the captaincy took off you and then were dropped to the bench would you stay????

leighton said:
Consitantly 1 of our best defenders since he came to the club and because of 1 poor season people want rid of Dunne. People say he scores OGs why is that it happens to all of the top defenders if you throw your body in the way of a shot or try to cut out a cross and it goes in theres nothing you can do about it. The times he has covered for other defenders getting in last ditch tackles he still has a lot to give to the club and I expect him to lead out the team on the opening day of the season if he is fit.

Kompany and Ned have a lot to prove to play Centre Back they need experience in the team beside them and that will come from Dunne. None of the 2 are the finished product just yet.

How often do you see the best defenders in the Prem/World have to make as many last ditch tackles as Captain Calamity does? Never! Dunne has to make so many because he is always out of position!

As for Kompany and Ned neither are the finished product as you say but they are both already better than Dunne!

OrigamiNinja said:
How often do you see the best defenders in the Prem/World have to make as many last ditch tackles as Captain Calamity does? Never! Dunne has to make so many because he is always out of position!

As for Kompany and Ned neither are the finished product as you say but they are both already better than Dunne!

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read, he's always out of position?! He's always covering for people that are out of position!

OrigamiNinja said:
He has been awful for 18 months and despite what others say he wasnt that great before then! If someone wants to give us £5 million we should snap their hands off!

Stick a fork in him cos he is Dunne at City!
W

Dunne has not been awful for 18 months, he's admittedly had too many below par games, but so has the rest of the team. The only thing more ludicrous than the idea that we're about to sell our captain who signed a 5 year contract last summer, is that some City fans seem to want us to! That Dunne is wanted by Spurs and Villa but we think he's not good enough to even be part of our squad is an indication of how arrogant and out of touch a lot of city fans are becoming. He's a quality player, popular and probably loyal enough to the club to not mind being a backup player for the first team. I highly doubt we'll sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.