Possible Dunne sale

OrigamiNinja said:
leighton said:
Consitantly 1 of our best defenders since he came to the club and because of 1 poor season people want rid of Dunne. People say he scores OGs why is that it happens to all of the top defenders if you throw your body in the way of a shot or try to cut out a cross and it goes in theres nothing you can do about it. The times he has covered for other defenders getting in last ditch tackles he still has a lot to give to the club and I expect him to lead out the team on the opening day of the season if he is fit.

Kompany and Ned have a lot to prove to play Centre Back they need experience in the team beside them and that will come from Dunne. None of the 2 are the finished product just yet.

How often do you see the best defenders in the Prem/World have to make as many last ditch tackles as Captain Calamity does? Never! Dunne has to make so many because he is always out of position!

As for Kompany and Ned neither are the finished product as you say but they are both already better than Dunne!

Look out, another so-called supporer slagging Dunney off at every opportunity.

shit username an' all.....

stonerblue said:
OrigamiNinja said:
leighton said:
Consitantly 1 of our best defenders since he came to the club and because of 1 poor season people want rid of Dunne. People say he scores OGs why is that it happens to all of the top defenders if you throw your body in the way of a shot or try to cut out a cross and it goes in theres nothing you can do about it. The times he has covered for other defenders getting in last ditch tackles he still has a lot to give to the club and I expect him to lead out the team on the opening day of the season if he is fit.

Kompany and Ned have a lot to prove to play Centre Back they need experience in the team beside them and that will come from Dunne. None of the 2 are the finished product just yet.

How often do you see the best defenders in the Prem/World have to make as many last ditch tackles as Captain Calamity does? Never! Dunne has to make so many because he is always out of position!

As for Kompany and Ned neither are the finished product as you say but they are both already better than Dunne!

Yawn. Whoever started the 'If you dont agree with the masses, you are not a real supporter' rule needs shooting!

Like I have said before if you are happy with us being a mid-table team then Dunne should stay and take all the accolades thrown his way by the sheep! If on the other hand you want us to be successful then Dunne needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency, thankfully it appears that our manager has the use of his eyes and has decided that Dunne is not good enough!

I honestly cant believe that a player with very little footballing ability receives so much support and those on here that can see that he is not the 2nd coming of Bobby Moore get so much grief for having the gaul to say that Captain Cock-Up is not our saviour! I mean what next.....Milan style protests outside of COMs and Dunnes house?

OrigamiNinja said:
stonerblue said:
OrigamiNinja said:
leighton said:

Yawn. Whoever started the 'If you dont agree with the masses, you are not a real supporter' rule needs shooting!

Like I have said before if you are happy with us being a mid-table team then Dunne should stay and take all the accolades thrown his way by the sheep! If on the other hand you want us to be successful then Dunne needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency, thankfully it appears that our manager has the use of his eyes and has decided that Dunne is not good enough!

I honestly cant believe that a player with very little footballing ability receives so much support and those on here that can see that he is not the 2nd coming of Bobby Moore get so much grief for having the gaul to say that Captain Cock-Up is not our saviour! I mean what next.....Milan style protests outside of COMs and Dunnes house?
dunnes bin poor for 1 season agreed, but howcome are rivals want him if he's shit? it does look like we'll be replacing him but IMO we should try and keep him, got a funny feeling we might just need 1 of those last ditch challenges during the season. and they'll be no need for milan type protests , with you bein an origami ninja you can just make us a paper airplane with the words " please dont go" and throw it at his window for us. were going places but we shouldn't forget where we've come from. . . . . dunne oppitomises that statement.

OrigamiNinja said:
stonerblue said:
OrigamiNinja said:
leighton said:

Surely that's part of the attraction with dunnie. No-one can question his work rate or commitment to the cause. No, he's not the best defender in the country, but he wasn't exactly playing for the best team either was he!!
Just because we're now splashing the cash & being linked with top drawer players, doesn't mean we should come on here slagging players off who have done nothing to deserve it.
some of the comments here look like they belong on a rag forum - arrogance of the highest order.
We should remember the good moments, forget the bad & wish him well if he decides to go.
It's the least a great club servant deserves.

Well hes been a great servant, I am more than happy for him to stay as a squad player as long as he is happy to be on the bench.

Even with Rose tinted glasses hes not a top 4 defender so if thats where we want to go (and you have to assume that with the players we are signing) we need someone better in there starting.

None of the top sides have ever shown and interest in him - £5 million is nothing for a quality centre half if hes so good why is it only midtable nbottom half sides in for him ?

Dunny city legend but we gotta move forward, DUnne and Richards were a big part of our defence being shit last season, we have to strengthen with quality. Its our defence that is the problem we scored shit loads of goals even without the likes of Tevez, RSC, Barry and potentially eto at the end of the day....

Citycitytid said:
dannybcity said:
I want to go to Dunnie's testimonial. Keep him till then, then he should retire to the coaching staff. I wouldn't feel right seeing Dunnie at another club.

same here mate

same here,

he did have a rocky spell which he got over.

since his drinking days hes be a model professional and barring this bad patch and a few slips hes been our rock. and could still do a job for us as a squad player which most players will be this coming season,

i know he gets well paid for the job he does, but some on here are acting like ungrateful rags yet again calling one of our own. he always gives 100% i only wish i could say that about all the players that have been at city while i`ve been supporting them.

dunnes bin poor for 1 season agreed, but howcome are rivals want him if he's shit? it does look like we'll be replacing him but IMO we should try and keep him, got a funny feeling we might just need 1 of those last ditch challenges during the season. and they'll be no need for milan type protests , with you bein an origami ninja you can just make us a paper airplane with the words " please dont go" and throw it at his window for us. were going places but we shouldn't forget where we've come from. . . . . dunne oppitomises that statement.[/quote]

Quite witty that mate! Will give you that one!

I dont think anyone is doubting Dunnes role over the past few years but the point I have been trying to make is that we either want to progress or we dont. For us to progress some players will have to fall by the wayside because they are simply not good enough, one of those players is Richard Dunne.

Some on here though continue state that he has just had a bad season and will come good again and I am sorry but this is just deluded nonsense. If a player like Terry/Gerrard/Lampard had a bad season I would back them to come good again on the basis that they have proven over many years that they are good enough at the very top level, the only thing Dunne has proven is that he isnt a bad person to have about if you are struggling against relegation.

Now some on here believe having this kind of attitude means you are a rag or at the very least you have started sounding like one but I am a realist, im not burying my head in the sand like some, I know without any doubt that Richard Dunne is not a top class footballer and therefore does not fit into a team that has aspirations of competing at the top table of English and European football.

OrigamiNinja said:

dunnes bin poor for 1 season agreed, but howcome are rivals want him if he's shit? it does look like we'll be replacing him but IMO we should try and keep him, got a funny feeling we might just need 1 of those last ditch challenges during the season. and they'll be no need for milan type protests , with you bein an origami ninja you can just make us a paper airplane with the words " please dont go" and throw it at his window for us. were going places but we shouldn't forget where we've come from. . . . . dunne oppitomises that statement.

I dont think anyone is doubting Dunnes role over the past few years but the point I have been trying to make is that we either want to progress or we dont. For us to progress some players will have to fall by the wayside because they are simply not good enough, one of those players is Richard Dunne.

Some on here though continue state that he has just had a bad season and will come good again and I am sorry but this is just deluded nonsense. If a player like Terry/Gerrard/Lampard had a bad season I would back them to come good again on the basis that they have proven over many years that they are good enough at the very top level, the only thing Dunne has proven is that he isnt a bad person to have about if you are struggling against relegation.

Now some on here believe having this kind of attitude means you are a rag or at the very least you have started sounding like one but I am a realist, im not burying my head in the sand like some, I know without any doubt that Richard Dunne is not a top class footballer and therefore does not fit into a team that has aspirations of competing at the top table of English and European football.[/quote]

Not asking for deluded nonsense. Just a bit of respect for a great club servant. Bit less of the 'captain calamity' & 'captain cock-up' is all.

jimbo101 said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Now some on here believe having this kind of attitude means you are a rag or at the very least you have started sounding like one but I am a realist, im not burying my head in the sand like some, I know without any doubt that Richard Dunne is not a top class footballer and therefore does not fit into a team that has aspirations of competing at the top table of English and European football.

Not asking for deluded nonsense. Just a bit of respect for a great club servant. Bit less of the 'captain calamity' & 'captain cock-up' is all.[/quote]

You neednt worry about the names I give him as I doubt he will be here much longer! Trust me, when you see him making mistake after mistake for another club you will see that you have been watching him through blue tinted specs for the past 9 years!

I want him to stay, I know I am just getting sentimental in my old age, but I really think he has saved us from relegation on more than one occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.