possible info regarding new training ground

BlueSam said:
My mum's boyfriend is a contractor for the club...

worked on the training ground for ages will not say which service he provides as it may get him in trouble.

Anyway hes a professional and has done work for the club on all parts of the stadium and Carrington and even players houses for years now.

He told me that the training ground is definitely moving to the stadium from next year, he has been briefed apparently and that the club are requiring seats to be installed around the training ground much like Barcelona where fans can watch the team train...

I don't know what Barcelona's training ground is like at all he just said it would be based on theirs.

just passing on what I know, might be old info.

barca do have another mini stadium along side nu camp, i think the reserves play all their games there, its better than a lot of championship grounds.not see it properly for 20 years, went to the game last year and we only just made to the game:)

i blame the beach party.

urmston said:
If City want to attract big names to the club they should stay at Carrington.

Let's face it, where would you rather go every day for work - right into scenic east Manchester with all the traffic and travelling involved, or to leafy Carrington which is nicely situated away from the city and easy to get to from your Cheshire mansion?

"So Mr Torres. We have Champions League football. A genuine chance of putting in a title challenge. 200k a week. State of the art training facilities. How does it sound to you?"

"well, to be fair, while Carrington is a dump it's easier to travel to and much more leafy. So no, i'm not going to sign."

Barcelona have a new training ground which they moved to last year. The also have the Mini Estadi which is situated right next to Camp Nou - and is where the reserves play ( it has 15000 seats )

Project said:
urmston said:

Let's face it, where would you rather go every day for work - right into scenic east Manchester with all the traffic and travelling involved, or to leafy Carrington which is nicely situated away from the city and easy to get to from your Cheshire mansion?

"So Mr Torres. We have Champions League football. A genuine chance of putting in a title challenge. 200k a week. State of the art training facilities. How does it sound to you?"

"well, to be fair, while Carrington is a dump it's easier to travel to and much more leafy. So no, i'm not going to sign."

Ahh thats disappointing, will you not be taking advantage of the 5 star hotel on site then?

You dont like the idea of not having to travel at all if you so choose?

Thats OK I understand.....

Project said:
urmston said:

I think Urmston has a point. It's easy for Carlos to nip home from carrington and have his Tomato soup & egg butty for lunch before his afternoon training session but if we moved the training to eastlands, he'd have to invest in a flask and a lunchbox (although he could get to watch Loose Women in full rather than the quick 10 mins he catches now)

Project said:
urmston said:

But Fernando....you'll have your own helli pad. :)

samharris said:
Project said:

But Fernando....you'll have your own helli pad. :)

I suppose that wouldnt have helped convince Bergkamp back in the day, lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.