Possible retrospective Viera ban a blessing in disguise

Dont worry Manicini will put Zabaleta in their like he did twice against United :-(

viera was like a punch drunk ex boxer sparring with some old mates, whilst the young ones took the piss out the old pro.

not really interested if Viera is suspended or not, its the principal of using Sky footage which pisses me off.

If the ref and liner spotted that in real time they arguably could have given a yellow, however when both 'miss' an incident, and then days later in the cold light of the FA the incident is replayed then suspensions are delt out.

If the yellow had ben given at the time then nothing else can happen.

So why didn't the 4th official spot this either of the liners and what exactly was Wiley looking at. FA should also take action against the crap standard of officials we see week in week out.

To be really paranoid most refs esp at swamp could be bottling it and claiming to not see incidents and then allowing Sky and the FA to act later, where was the video evidence and punishment for that twat Fletcher????

I don't think Vieira was particularly good but as has been said, he was probably better than NDJ and Barry. I am sure he will get a ban, he didn't get booked for it and there is no way Wiley will say he saw it and thought it was ok. If it means RM drops the 3 holding mids approach then great but he would probably play Zab there or Vinnie which would be a disaster as we need Vinnie to partner Lescott once he is fit not become another of the midfield passengers. Barry definitely needs a rest and NDJ looks much more comfortable being the lone "enforcer" to me and his qualities look diluted when surrounded by other holding midfielders.

There is a light said:
This has to be a good thing if it means Mancini drops his negative midfield three and it gives Ireland three games to show what he can do.

Yet again tonight we created nothing in front of goal - the need for some creativity through the middle is there for all to see - open your eyes Roberto before you end up throwing it all away.

Ireland can go and play for someone else as far as I'm concerned. He's got to lift his game and prove his worth. You're in a fucking dream world the way you thinking he's the strong leadership we need in mid-field. Yes, last year he did ok and won club best and fairest, however, that was a mid level premier team. At 23 he's got to be running 12km a game or more with a better work load than Tevez. Thank god your not our coach!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.