Possible squad/starting XI next season?

————————Ederson———————
——————Stones—Dias——————-
Cancelo————Rodri———Cucarella
———de Bruyne———Grealish———
Alvarez————Håland————Foden
Swap Grealish for Bernie, and play a midfield 2-1 so it's a 4231 with attacking fullbacks.

Allows Foden and Alvarez to play more centrally.

XI against "lower" teams:
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Laporte Cucurella
Rodri
Kdb Bernardo
Alvarez Haaland Foden

XI v "higher" sides
Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
Rodri
Kdb Bernardo
Mahrez/Sterling Haaland Foden/Grealish.

Ederson - will always be Pep's number 1 you'd imagine. Integral to how we play due to his insane ability with his feet. Needs to save more shots though in my opinion.

Walker - anyone who's watched us defend in recent weeks in his absence will know how important he is to the team. No. 1 right back at the club and one of the best in the world.

Stones - consistent season rarely making mistakes. I don't like him at right back but can't fault his efforts when played there

Laporte - bit of a mixed bag really, composed and assured at times but then sloppy and error prone at others

Dias - big season for him next year, still very young as a defender and no doubt will be a mainstay in the team for the best part of the next decade, but needs to recapture the form of last season

Ake - did well in several games recently but when a 37 year old Fernandinho being played out of position is keeping him out of the team the last few games you have to wonder if its going to happen for him

Cancelo - sublime at times and ridiculous at others, had a great season

Zinchenko - delighted for him yesterday with his performance when introduced, useful squad player to have

Fernadinho - the time is right for him to go, superb player in his day, replacement needed

Rodri - our player of the year hands down, consistently brilliant throughout the season

Silva - Class act

Foden - Class act

De Bruyne - one of the best the league's ever seen

Sterling - would hate to see him go to be honest, brings something that no one else can to the team, gets good numbers of assists and goals every season, will miss chances and frustrate but never hides and will always have good numbers

Jesus - will be sad to see him go but isn't clinical enough

Grealish - wasn't as bad this season as the media were making out. Will come good next year

Gundogan - hopefully he stays, intelligent efficient player

Ederson - will always be Pep's number 1 you'd imagine. Integral to how we play due to his insane ability with his feet. Needs to save more shots though in my opinion.

Walker - anyone who's watched us defend in recent weeks in his absence will know how important he is to the team. No. 1 right back at the club and one of the best in the world.

Stones - consistent season rarely making mistakes. I don't like him at right back but can't fault his efforts when played there

Laporte - bit of a mixed bag really, composed and assured at times but then sloppy and error prone at others

Dias - big season for him next year, still very young as a defender and no doubt will be a mainstay in the team for the best part of the next decade, but needs to recapture the form of last season

Ake - did well in several games recently but when a 37 year old Fernandinho being played out of position is keeping him out of the team the last few games you have to wonder if its going to happen for him

Cancelo - sublime at times and ridiculous at others, had a great season

Zinchenko - delighted for him yesterday with his performance when introduced, useful squad player to have

Fernadinho - the time is right for him to go, superb player in his day, replacement needed

Rodri - our player of the year hands down, consistently brilliant throughout the season

Silva - Class act

Foden - Class act

De Bruyne - one of the best the league's ever seen

Sterling - would hate to see him go to be honest, brings something that no one else can to the team, gets good numbers of assists and goals every season, will miss chances and frustrate but never hides and will always have good numbers

Jesus - will be sad to see him go but isn't clinical enough

Grealish - wasn't as bad this season as the media were making out. Will come good next year

Gundogan - hopefully he stays, intelligent efficient player
What about Mahrez?

He was injured, and only on the bench for absolute emergencies.

Someone posted a clip of Walker and Stones in training this week, and he even pulls up in pain during a relaxed passing session.

Jesus, Gundo, Ake? Fernandinho possibly Mahrez moving on this summer I reckon.

Haaland/Alavarez already in, I expect a promotion to full first team for Cole Palmer, Foden and Grealish can play centre mid to cover Gundo. Surely we’ll get a holding mid cover and Left back and we’re sorted.

get rid of Mendy and replace him with a LB not a midfielder who will play LB.
nice sendoff for Dinho, replace him with someone who can offer Rodri more rotation maybe even a bit if pressure in trainings for the first 11. and proper cover if Rodri gets a bad injury...

thats two most important imo.

then we need to see how it turns out for Gundo, Bernardo, Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling. if Gundo/Bernardo stays, I am happy with midfield if we get a young DM instead of Dinho.

if Jesus leaves I am ok wih Alvarez/Haaland coming in without further transfers.
if Mahrez or Sterling leaves too on top of Jesus, we need a top winger talent with speed and an eye for a goal.

Think Mahres is the one I’d like to see to! Get Sterling to sign a new contract because he brings something no one else does in the squad and if we do go for a left back where does that lever Zinchenko? Personally I’d want a top right back and a back up for Rodri.

I reckon Real Madrid will come in for one of our players after missing out on Mbappe and Haaland

Sterling possibly or Mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.