Possible squad/starting XI next season?

I honestly can't see why Steffen would want to stick around on the bench for another season. I can see him being loaned out in the summer with a view to a permanent transfer.

As for McAtee and Egan-Riley... it's a year too soon imo. I can see both playing very minor roles next season, if not loaned out.

Dream:
Ederson - Cancelo - Stones - Dias - Cucurella - Rodri - Bernardo - KDB - Leao - Haaland - Mahrez
Steffen - Walker - Laporte - Ake - Zinchenko - Phillips (?) - Gundogan - Foden - Palmer - Grealish - Alvarez.

Dream:
Ederson - Cancelo - Stones - Dias - Cucurella - Rodri - Bernardo - KDB - Leao - Haaland - Mahrez
Steffen - Walker - Laporte - Ake - Zinchenko - Phillips (?) - Gundogan - Foden - Palmer - Grealish - Alvarez.

Foden over Mahrez in the first team!

My Dream Transfer Window

Out:
  • Gabriel Jesus
  • Mahrez
  • Sterling
  • Fernandinho
  • Steffen
In:
  • Haaland
  • Alvarez
  • Joao Felix
  • de Jong
  • Cucurella

lineup.png

Average Age: 25.16
9 Home-Grown
5 Club-Grown

Out:
  • Gabriel Jesus
  • Sterling
  • Fernandinho
In:
  • Haaland
  • Alvarez
  • De Jong / Philipps
  • Cucurella

GK: Ederson, Steffen

RB: Walker, Cancelo
LB: Cancelo, Cucurella, Zinchenko
CB: Dias, Laporte, Stones, Ake

CDM: Rodri, De Jong / Phillips (?)
CAM: De Bruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan, (Grealish)
LF / RF: Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, (Alvarez)

ST: Haaland, Alvarez

Depth wise of who can play where and the kids who have been about the 1st team training mix so far available going in pre-season.

I get this with Phillips/Cucurella in and Jesus out.

Cover XI.PNG

Just wanted to see the depth in each area.

City have two players in and at least another two to come.

I see that Alvarez is a belated replacement for Torres and Haaland an even later replacement for Agüero. There are two gaps in the squad remaining at left back and in central defensive midfield. Marc Cucurella and Kalvin Philips have been mentioned.

I do not see a major fire sale as the press is speculating. Jesus may be the most likely departure. Maybe Sterling, if big money is forthcoming. Would either or both have to be replaced if they go? City may also look to cash in on Mahrez before he goes later into his contract? But the talk of Zinchenko, Laporte, Gündogan, Ake, Bernardo leaving seem rather far fetched unless there are replacements lined up?

There may be space deliberately left for the integration of Palmer and McAtee into the squad?

City have two players in and at least another two to come.

I see that Alvarez is a belated replacement for Torres and Haaland an even later replacement for Agüero. There are two gaps in the squad remaining at left back and in central defensive midfield. Marc Cucurella and Kalvin Philips have been mentioned.

I do not see a major fire sale as the press is speculating. Jesus may be the most likely departure. Maybe Sterling, if big money is forthcoming. Would either or both have to be replaced if they go? City may also look to cash in on Mahrez before he goes later into his contract? But the talk of Zinchenko, Laporte, Gündogan, Ake, Bernardo leaving seem rather far fetched unless there are replacements lined up?

There may be space deliberately left for the integration of Palmer and McAtee into the squad?
I agree (but far too fucking sensible.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.