Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

Jimi Hendrix was left-handed and at the time he started to play the guitar, he didn't have a left handed one, so he strung his guitar upside down. Even when he became famous he kept playing on his reverted guitar.

Albert King was also left-handed, but played right handed guitars flipped over upside down.
I know about hendrix and him turning his guitar upside down,he was my first musical hero as a kid in the late 70's.
Mr Moore ,just learned to play right handed,just amazing,a new biography is out later this month about Gary

Jimi Hendrix was left-handed and at the time he started to play the guitar, he didn't have a left handed one, so he strung his guitar upside down. Even when he became famous he kept playing on his reverted guitar.

Albert King was also left-handed, but played right handed guitars flipped over upside down.
My youngest son is a guitar teacher and he always encourages young students, if they are left handed, to play right handed because you are going to be equally bad with both hands if you have never picked up a guitar before and if you learn right handed then most of the guitars out there are right handed, making it easier to find a guitar. Makes sense if you think about it.

Didn't Mike Batt, he of Wombles fame, play some of the bass parts for the Sex Pistols because Sid Viscous couldn't play a note. Or did I dream this fact.

Chris Speeding played on the Wombles records (and was inside costume on TOTP) he produced some Sex Pistols demos but it's always been denied that he played on them.

Blues guitarist, Jeff Healey was blind, and played his guitar flat on his lap.
Saw him play at the International 2 back in the day.
R.I.P.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.