Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The finishes were great, but we could have stopped both goals, easily.

I understand what you are saying but imo they didn't shut down City at all, we just missed our chances & played obvious, slow, shit football. Then we didn't have the sense to realise we were not very good & close the game out, thus let them back in. How would they have broken us down if we were professional about it ? They had nothing to worry us. We could have picked 4 goals on the break. Getting done by two long balls is criminal. Should be the other way around.

People are blaming Nasri for last night & he wasn't great but imo Silva was like Adam Lallana's shit brother last night. He was missing opportunities to get passes off time & again, getting caught on the ball, dithering. Players like him, our best players, not producing, is why we struggle in Europe imo. They seem to think they have to do something different. All of our best players have had absolute stinkers in Europe at different times or sometimes all together. We found CSKA a much tougher job than Juve.

Fernandinho maintained his usual level & looked on another level to everyone. That's all he does. The rest don't.

Brilliant.

I've heard some things in my time but this tops it. Stop being so arrogant and delusional. If those teams you listed were so good then why haven't they been successful in europe? Juve would win the prem by at least 10 points

Absolutely deluded mate!

Serie A Is full of PL rejects. City just played shit!

As for Sterling. They not just did duplicate him, they oftentimes had 3 men literally closely defending him, so as shit as his shooting was, we really should have taken some advantage of the fact that other areas were relatively men-free. Perhaps people like Navas, or Zabaleta for the first time this season, were missing as it would have out-balanced their rock-solid defensive lines even more.

We were far too central, and when we chose to go wide, which really was the only option remaining, the build-up was far too slow and they easily retained their positions.

As for Sterling. They not just did duplicate him, they oftentimes had 3 men literally closely defending him, so as shit as his shooting was, we really should have taken some advantage of the fact that other areas were relatively men-free. Perhaps people like Navas, or Zabaleta for the first time this season, were missing as it would have out-balanced their rock-solid defensive lines even more.

We were far too central, and when we chose to go wide, which really was the only option remaining, the build-up was far too slow and they easily retained their positions.

Sometimes took us 4, 5, 6, sometimes 10 passes to get from one side to the other. Bayern do it in one or two.

Absolutely deluded mate!

Serie A Is full of PL rejects. City just played shit!

Which we tend to do in the CL an awful lot or could it really be the Premier League is nowhere near as strong as people think ?

I have watched Serie A for 25 years and go over once or twice a year and didn't think Pogba was staying, and agree more with Tolm's analysis more than yours which I think is absolute nonsense

I really fucking hate people who come on here as single issue posters. Drives me daft.
tolmie has a point about the mid season break ,however a lot of the rest is as the poster said pure speculation ,and the performance of english cl
I'm seriously flattered you went to such patronising efforts to try and make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

Firstly, I was responding to somebody else's claims about where Juve would finish in the Premier League.

You basically want it all ends up, refusing to acknowledge that a mid-season break isn't beneficial to continental teams, and how a lack of one would greatly impact Juventus and other Italian teams after domestic and Champions League competition resumes in the New Year.

Especially so, during an English winter, when a team in this country can easily play a dozen games between December and Jan 10th.

Your revisionism of the Roma second-leg game is also top-grade. Aside from the failed Arsenal player Gervinho going close twice in the opening 25 minutes, City took a stranglehold of that game long before Nasri scored.

In actual fact, without Yaya and Aguero, it was still only a City midfield of Fernando and Fernandino who took it in turns to hold or go.

And a performance from Nasri that bullied Roma all night.

As for Pogba and his status, I think I am pretty up-to-speed on that one, thanks.
to be fair i agree with a lot of your points ,however welcome to manchester on the pogba transfer forum ,possibly doesn't give you total credence on pogba and his status

Which we tend to do in the CL an awful lot or could it really be the Premier League is nowhere near as strong as people think ?

Mixture of both, but you can't tell me City played anywhere near good last night. The passing was so fing slow, seen far better performances than Juve by PL teams this season already.

I don't think Bony was *that* shit as some people point out. He won some battles, held the ball well and created few decent shooting chances for the midfielders (oh, and him leaving the ball to Silva was beautiful and Sterling or Silva should have buried it). Other than that, we simply did not create too many chances for him.

Except for his finishing, which really is shit since he's at City, and whilst I wasn't bothered about it last season, it is now becoming an issue. We need to be more clinical really, and I'll never understand why he went for a screamer with his weaker foot after his beautiful nutmeg, when a simple low shot to the near corner could have done the job as Buffon was totally out of position. Considering his record at Swansea, it does frustrate me, but not his overall link-up play, which is just miles better than an 'average' Dzeko performance.

Though it is ironic and weird that Dzeko actually bullied Chiellini (who bullied Bony) the other weekend, but I'd still choose Bony anyday for our current setup than Edin, who in all honesty is such a primadonna, and of course already had an awful game for Roma, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.