Post match thread - City v Newcastle

Great performance second half, I'm so glad for Aguero because the goals just wouldn't go in for him in recent weeks no matter what he did, but ginger Kev and Silva were both magnificent, all 3 of them seemed to simultaneously gain form and it was just beautifal. First half wasn't great, I was thinking it would be like the West Ham game but as soon as we scored before half time then I knew we would win 'cause we had the momentum. Sterling didn't perform very well but I don't think it was as bad as many of you are making out, he looked lively in the first 25 minutes but then dropped off a bit afterwards. I think when Clichy comes back then he'll be better as Clichy'll just let Raheem do his thing but would be an option if needed, whereas Kolarov always wants the ball and takes up the space that Sterling could run into. For the mean time however i would put him on the right (like many of you are saying) because of how well we played in the second with Navas on the right, and if it works with Navas, why wouldn't it work with Sterling as they both play in a similar fashion.

Anyway bit of a bummer about the international break now but hopefully none of our players will get injured (unlikely I know) and will obviously give us a chance to get players fit again.

I know that there was that Mitrovic clear cut chance which was clear offside but what was that 'second Newcastle goal' which was ruled out as offside? The striker was clearly on but maybe that pass to the overlapping winger was offside? I don't know and I think I just went to have a piss when it happened, so just curious...

I'd put KDB on the left, Sterling on the right for the next match. Didn't Sterling play a decent amount on the right side for Liverpool? KDB looked amazing when he switched sides, and I think the ability for RS to cross it in front of goal with his right foot would make more sense... especially until Raheem shows better accuracy on goal.

I know that there was that Mitrovic clear cut chance which was clear offside but what was that 'second Newcastle goal' which was ruled out as offside? The striker was clearly on but maybe that pass to the overlapping winger was offside? I don't know and I think I just went to have a piss when it happened, so just curious...
From my video feed the commentators said it was the pass to the winger that was flagged offside

From my video feed the commentators said it was the pass to the winger that was flagged offside

It was, but that was a poor decision - goal should have stood. Nice to have a bad offside call go our way for once though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.