Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

A little rough around the edges but I'm so glad we showed the character to get the 3rd. A lot of players looked different people last night, Sterling had a fantastic game as did Yaya and others. We can't get ahead of ourselves though because they didn't even turn up in the first half and our defence started to look frail in the second but we stayed the course. We should progress comfortably but I am worried what a better team will do to us next the way we setup to defend sometimes.

Can say no better than I actually enjoyed watching us play, and it's been a very long time since I can say that.

There is a downside, for me, though... Clichy is just not good enough and Sagna is so much more reliable than my man Zabba.

Sterling and the two Ferns were brilliant. Just hope we have it in our legs and start at same intensity levels on Sunday.

Unless Pool plays with young team today, we would have an extra day of rest.

Great result last night, my only noise of discontent would be that maybe we could of rested a couple with 20mins to go but scoring a late goal shuts me up as such, well done all round

Great result last night, my only noise of discontent would be that maybe we could of rested a couple with 20mins to go but scoring a late goal shuts me up as such, well done all round

I wanted pellers to introduce kelechi early to but he was vindicated and now we dont have to start with aguero in the return leg

Here is the link to the RTE post match analysis, I don't have the words to describe it....

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/uefa-champions-league-extras-30003372/10535552/

paused that half way through and the looks on their faces looked like we had lost 3-1 , if someone watched that analysis and didnt know the scoreline , you would be convinced that we had been hammered by Kiev .Would really like to get to the bottom of this hatred of our club , is it our owners ethnicity ? it is much deeper than just football , the negativity is across the board , BBC , ITV , Sky , RTE ,it is now becoming a witch hunt on our club , and it appears it is open season for anybody and everybody to tell blatant lies and disrespect everything about our club.

paused that half way through and the looks on their faces looked like we had lost 3-1 , if someone watched that analysis and didnt know the scoreline , you would be convinced that we had been hammered by Kiev .Would really like to get to the bottom of this hatred of our club , is it our owners ethnicity ? it is much deeper than just football , the negativity is across the board , BBC , ITV , Sky , RTE ,it is now becoming a witch hunt on our club , and it appears it is open season for anybody and everybody to tell blatant lies and disrespect everything about our club.

You're right and it's relentless, normal rules of football coverage don't seem to apply to City, lose and we're crucified, win and we're damned with faint praise. Though in the case of the post match analysis on RTE the result was immaterial, they used it merely as another opportunity to vent their spleen.

All this drip drip poison has worked, in my experience out here in the sticks, fans of other clubs loathe us and if you probe why you just get the same bullshit bullet points our detractors peddle every day.

Anyone who thought we'd get kudos for breaking up the old top four can forget it.

You're right and it's relentless, normal rules of football coverage don't seem to apply to City, lose and we're crucified, win and we're damned with faint praise. Though in the case of the post match analysis on RTE the result was immaterial, they used it merely as another opportunity to vent their spleen.

All this drip drip poison has worked, in my experience out here in the sticks, fans of other clubs loathe us and if you probe why you just get the same bullshit bullet points our detractors peddle every day.

Anyone who thought we'd get kudos for breaking up the old top four can forget it.

You forgot hammer somebody and it's bad for the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.