Post QPR Celebrations

Stone cold sober as I had to work that night, got home in the morning, cracked open quite a few beers while watching every news report and reading every paper I could lay my hand on. Made it into town for the parade the Monday night....

Everyone hates them. A Leeds supporting friend had myself plus a Liverpool fan watching the Leeds v Doncaster Play Off Final with him and he quipped the table of us was about as anti-U****d as they came. All three of us met in Manchester too.

Must be the same place I ended up in! Bengal Street IIRC. Think Felix - who does the City on Tour meet ups for European aways - sorted it in advance with the club. Was a great end to the night, but a few hours before that it had took a nosedive for us. We were in the ‘spoons near the town hall (The Waterhouse). It was packed full of blues enjoying themselves with not a hint of trouble, but the bouncers decided to get arsey and told us to stop singing. Eventually got thrown out for defying orders so we hurled a shit load of abuse at them on the way out, and carried on doing so outside. The police turned up and to their credit, instead of nicking us they advised us to move on and to not let them spoil our night. It was only a few days later that we found out that just round the corner The Bank on Mosley Street was letting City fans in and allowing them to belt out whatever song they wanted. So that’s where we ended up in 2014.

Me and Fe used to stand next to each other (before he deserted up to the 3rd tier) and all I could think of was his night at Basement (I think it was called) when it was 1-2 with virtually no time left. I was already thinking about how we would have the piss taken out of us for putting a celebratory night on. I can't remember if I said "this is your fault this" but I probably did! Ended up being an incredible night in there.

On the way back to town I saw Samir Nasri in his car and I remember telling him to "tell Piers Morgan he's a fucking prick" or words to that effect. Also in Piccadilly Gardens for ages and some lad was trying to put a scarf round a statue - my knees still go weak when I think about how high up he was.

Got off first train out of Euston. Dad picked me up after parking right outside Piccadilly. Convinced parking warden to let us off ticket he was about to write.

Got to groundwith few hours to spare to soak up atmos and find a ticket. Had a pint with some long lost family members (30 yrs+)

Went to find spare ticket or tout - none to see for love nor money. (Trust me, given time to evaluate, most would choose the love).
Dropped some money in a charity bucket and chatted abiut my quest with the good lady manning it. She suggested I might find touts on the road just outside the compound. Karma!

30 mins later after chatting with a Danish photographer (also a City fan) over to capture the day, got sorted with a ticket by Sean Ryder tout who was trying to keep a low profile in a pair of shades and a bright red ski jacket (it was boiling!)

Got in with 45 mins to spare, little realising the fortuity of being in the middle of the family stand 4th row from the front.

Stayed with my random seat buddy (over from Netherlands) for many beers in City Square watching the action reruns on the jumbotrons and endlessly belting out the 'You signed Phil Jones, we signed Kun Aguerooo' song.

Got a lift with Alex Williams and some City staff back to the centre in their black cab (thanks HH!), before continuing the City Square party in Monroe's but with the added pleasure of watching the HSS's sour puss alongside 93.20 every few minutes. Made it home for 10 to celebratory takeaway with my Mum & Dad who'd also been in the ground.

Amazing to think that day bolton were playing in the premier league and today they were relegated to division 4, or whatever it’s called these days

I got a perfect spot at the bar in the Waldorf about an hour before ko. Just like an all-inclusive holiday i got the staff to do me a pint whenever my glass was nearly empty.
My initial after match celebrations involved a lot of running up and down the roads before ending up in Picc' gardens singing, drinking and smoking with friends and strangers.
Can't remember much more after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.