Post Something Interesting

Congratulations. @markir. You are now officially an FOC.
I have had three grandchildren arrive in a short period. It’s fantastic. Enjoy it.

The US Air Force revealed its own, rather more elaborate, AI dogfighter in 2023. It was demonstrated flying an F-16 jet in combat manoeuvres.

1721405402955.png
The US Air Force has developed an AI which can fly an F-16 combat jet (left)

This flight was the culmination of years of work aimed at creating an AI that could beat a living pilot.

Eight US AI companies went head to head in 2020 during a three-day competition known as the AlphaDogfight Trials Event. This involved simulated online dogfights between the competing AI programs and an experienced USAF fighter pilot.

The winning program beat the pilot repeatedly, and Brett Darcey of US defence shop Shield AI was on the three-strong team that built it.

Bushwalking in Malaysia, waded through some long grass, lucky a snake didn't get me. Young & foolish.

I thought there were 115. :) Nurse said 150.
That's insane. Did you test for Babesia, Borrelia and other stuff afterwards?

The US Air Force revealed its own, rather more elaborate, AI dogfighter in 2023. It was demonstrated flying an F-16 jet in combat manoeuvres.

View attachment 125831
The US Air Force has developed an AI which can fly an F-16 combat jet (left)

This flight was the culmination of years of work aimed at creating an AI that could beat a living pilot.

Eight US AI companies went head to head in 2020 during a three-day competition known as the AlphaDogfight Trials Event. This involved simulated online dogfights between the competing AI programs and an experienced USAF fighter pilot.

The winning program beat the pilot repeatedly, and Brett Darcey of US defence shop Shield AI was on the three-strong team that built it.

AI can pull as many G's as the plane can take, never get stressed and always do the best practice manouvers with millisecond reaction time in a dogfight. Humans cant stand a chance, just like in chess.

Not very interesting to others but...I'm now A GRANDAD!! First time. Grandad Mark . Sounds weird.
Congratulations to my son Jack and Charlotte and welcome to the crazy world, Rowan. A new blue.
When my only grandchild was born (10 years ago), there was an almighty rush by the females in the family circle, to claim the title of Nan or Nana or Nanny. They all made it quite clear they should not be addressed as Gran or Granny.
I'm just Grandad.

It’s reckoned, there are over 400k UK citizens resident in Ireland, currently.
The traditional view of Irish emigration into UK is a long time myth. Not so much a myth, but immigration into Ireland from the UK greatly outweighs the numbers of Irish emigrating to the UK and has done for at least the last decade, year on year.
Skibereen has the largest UK citizenship of any town in Ireland with a 5% UK population in 2019 stats , and West Cork in general having the largest concentration of UK ex-pats.
The 2019 statistics had 293,061 UK citizens living in Ireland.
As I said, estimates have that around the 400k mark now and increasing.

The days of the 1950’s exodus from Ireland are long gone.

It’s reckoned, there are over 400k UK citizens resident in Ireland, currently.
The traditional view of Irish emigration into UK is a long time myth. Not so much a myth, but immigration into Ireland from the UK greatly outweighs the numbers of Irish emigrating to the UK and has done for at least the last decade, year on year.
Skibereen has the largest UK citizenship of any town in Ireland with a 5% UK population in 2019 stats , and West Cork in general having the largest concentration of UK ex-pats.
The 2019 statistics had 293,061 UK citizens living in Ireland.
As I said, estimates have that around the 400k mark now and increasing.

The days of the 1950’s exodus from Ireland are long gone.

That would be an ecumenical matter....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.