Post your favorite TV shows.

HongKongBluey

I don't know if we have had one of these before. But I am running out of things to watch. I was wondering if you guys come recommend some shows. These are my favorites

Comedy:
-The Simpson's
-Arrested Development *
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSqcCPRsW0&feature=related[/youtube]
-30 Rock*
-Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia* (Please download this show, its so outrageously hilarious)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7MC6yseBGU&feature=related[/youtube]
-Weeds (Normal surburban family, husband dies, sexy mom sells weed to make ends meet)
-Better off ted (About a science research firm that creates really dumb stuff)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLExLUvfqW0[/youtube]
-Modern Family* (Great show to watch with the family)
-Entourage
-Community*
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcD_Y838DXA[/youtube] (These guys are hilarious)
-Jersey Shore (Guidos, worse than chavs, this shit is hilarious FIST PUMP!)
-Flight of the Concords (2 guys in a band from New Zealand move to New York, Everyone thinks their Australian. It was destined to be short lived, but its so funny) "Murray? Present,"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk[/youtube]
-The Office (UK one will always hold a special place in my heart, "Free love on the freelove freeway" but I must admit, the US is just so funny)
-How I met your mother (not bad)
-The Big Bang Theory (About a bunch of geeks that live together in a flat)

Drama
-Breaking Bad* (High school chem teacher gets cancer and starts making meth, amazing highs and lows, goes from hilarious to extremely sad and depressing. A great great show)
-Dexter* (A serial killer that works for the police and kills serial killers AWESOME)
-Lost
-The Wire (Season 1, Oh My god season 1)
-Band of Brothers
-The Pacific
-Lie To Me (Tim Roth reads peoples ticks and knows when people lies = solves crime)

Sci Fi
-Fire Fly
-Supernatural
-Fringe

Jesus, I watch too much TV. Anyway, I hoped I saved one of you from a boring night. But seriously, any one of those comedy selections are gold, especially the ones with the star.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Thank you everyone for participating and making this thread extra epic, I will never be bored again. I will keep adding shows that I have forgotten. Anything that I have added and star and youtube video is seriously seriously worth checking out, quality tv. Keep em coming guys! No matter how old, if you love it, post it!

Hehe.. I like
I don't really now to be honest I do watch Tv though I mostly watch Films =)
Simpsons
ermm....

The Lakes (Paul McGovern Drama)
The Street (Another Paul McGovern Drama)
Generation Kill (A US Iraqi War Drama
Shockers (Horrors/Thrillers - Available on 4od)
Sherlock Holmes (The Granada TV Series)
Jonathan Creek (Detective Drama)
Shameless (Drama)

Sliders (Sci-Fi)
Lost (Sci-Fi)
The Lost Room (Sci-Fi)
Life On Mars / Ashes to Ashes (Sci-Fi)

Come Dine With Me (Reality Cookery Show)

Knightmare (Old Children's TV Programme)
Fun House (Old Children's TV Programme)

Alan Partridge (Comedy)
Look Around You (Comedy)
Marion & Geoff (Comedy)
Lab Rats (Comedy)

And you can't beat a bit of Coronation Street!

There's loads of other shows that I like but I would presume that you'd heard of most of the rest.

Sorry for all the explanation brackets but I presume that if you hadn't watched the shows, you'd need to know what they were!

You guys kick ass. I have hardly heard of any of them.

Thanks for the descriptions too!

The Lost Room! THAT WAS AWESOME!! Shameless is class too, I would add that in with my favorites.

Keep em coming boys. I am going to save this thread for when I am at HMV (cough cough)

HongKongBluey said:

The Lost Room! THAT WAS AWESOME!! Shameless is class too, I would add that in with my favorites.

Keep em coming boys. I am going to save this thread for when I am at HMV (cough cough)

Yeah, The Lost Room was awesome! I don't have Sky but even just hearing about it made me buy the DVD! It's a shame they never made it into a full blown series!

DSG1982 said:
HongKongBluey said:

Yeah, The Lost Room was awesome! I don't have Sky but even just hearing about it made me buy the DVD! It's a shame they never made it into a full blown series!

Tell me about it! Had a sick premise, and I really thought that they could have run with it. Its a shame that it was only a mini series. Its amazing how many good shows fall by the side, while crap gets played continuously.

Ashes to Ashes.
Simpsons
Stephen Hawking's universe
Lie to me
QI
Mock the week - re-runs only as it's not the same without Frankie...
Jonathon Creek
Only fools and horses
Britains Got Talent... I know, I know!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.